Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 1:05:03 PM EDT
Just received my Magazine Dump Pouch from Lightfighter. What an excellent piece of kit. Vast improvement over using pockets for you change outs.

www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=1145650
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yea. Like, I hate when I gotta take a dump and, like, there's no place to go. That suckths.

Havin' a dumpster right next to my pants would be pretty cool.

Dump. Uhhhhuh, huh, huh, huh, huh....
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Ewwwww! That's disgusting. Hope you didn't blow a fuse coming up with that one (chuckle, chuckle).  Bet it was a big strain on the ole brain heh? Anal retentive humor- it's so funny (chuckle, chuckle) Wait! Wait! I think I can see the dim glow of your bright bulb from heeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaar... . Twit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just received my Magazine Dump Pouch from Lightfighter. What an excellent piece of kit. Vast improvement over using pockets for you change outs.

If you are able to do it , add a zip to the top opening.

In this way , closing the zip you'll have a big utility pouch , opening the zip you'll have a spent mags pouch.

More versatile.
PP out
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
PP,

Excellent idea. definitely feel the more versatility the better.

THanks,
                     Kihn
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ewwwww! That's disgusting. Hope you didn't blow a fuse coming up with that one (chuckle, chuckle).  Bet it was a big strain on the ole brain heh? Anal retentive humor- it's so funny (chuckle, chuckle) Wait! Wait! I think I can see the dim glow of your bright bulb from heeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaar... . Twit.

Yeah, well, hey - I posted that, umm, comment late at night. Must have been the nocturnal lobe in my brain that got developed during my many years working night shift, kicking in - sorry 'bout that.

On a more relevant note, I like that this thing attaches to a belt. Last one I saw at my shop (Tactical Tailor, IIRC), was made for drop leg attachment. I tend to prefer keeping the legs as free & untethered as possible (6004 notwithstanding). I've been considering one of them, & this may be what I need.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]
That looks EXACTALLY like DarkHelmet's mag dump pouch that he had made.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Master Blaster, the dump bag in your pic comes with the leg straps and belt extension.  Both are easily removable and the bag can be attached to your web belt very securely. You will find that is just the right height to drop the mag and retrieve your next one from your pouches, especially if you have a vest type set up like the ones from SOE or black hawk.

IMHO you shouldn't compare the two companies SOE is top notch and its good when you can call the shop and the owner/operator picks up and answers your questions, but thats my opinion.  More expensive maybe, but this is some of the toughest custom stuff I have seen out there in the past 10 years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Master Blaster, the dump bag in your pic comes with the leg straps and belt extension.  Both are easily removable and the bag can be attached to your web belt very securely. You will find that is just the right height to drop the mag and retrieve your next one from your pouches, especially if you have a vest type set up like the ones from SOE or black hawk.

I know it attaches both ways. I just like to keep things at mid-level. I plan on getting a SOE "Lightfighter" at some point, though, & the leg attachment config. may be better suited for it. Will have to test it.

IMHO you shouldn't compare the two companies SOE is top notch and its good when you can call the shop and the owner/operator picks up and answers your questions, but thats my opinion.  More expensive maybe, but this is some of the toughest custom stuff I have seen out there in the past 10 years.

My sentiments also.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
PP,Excellent idea. definitely feel the more versatility the better.                   THanks,Kihn

Kihn,
you welcome.

I have two zippered spent pouches Maliced to my SOE CQB vest, can use them as utility &/or drop pouches as needed.

This is one pic of me , wearing my SOE , during my last exercise

PP out
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally posted by Master_Blaster

Yeah, well, hey - I posted that, umm, comment late at night. Must have been the nocturnal lobe in my brain that got developed during my many years working night shift, kicking in - sorry 'bout that.

Third shifter myself and know what you mean. Certainly no harm done. Am a Beavis/Butthead fan myself.

PP,

You always have the best gear and it makes me envious. Always appreciate your sharing info and photos.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:PP,
You always have the best gear and it makes me envious. Always appreciate your sharing info and photos.

Thanks for trusting my words

PP out
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Thanks for trusting my words

PP,

IIRC came onto this board around the time you did almost exactly 4 yrs ago.So after reading your posts for that long it's not like it is a very far leap. You've always impressed me as a very straight shooter so it's not too hard to  trust your judgement.AFAIK your advise has always been right on the money. Also,meant the envious part in a good way. You have some very impressive gear.

P.S really like your camo pattern BDU's (for some reason thought you guys would have more OD tho (have no idea why). Hate to ask a stupid question but what is the name of that cammo pattern?TIA.

Ken
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Ken,

that is a brits DPM PLCE 2000 customized parka.

99% of our army  has a look alike woodland camo outfit but SPECOPS units can choose whatever they need for the assigned AO.

Also , some other special units , as Carabinieri ( MP ),  lastly are changing BDU camo patterns from woodland to  tiger stripe look alike ( I do not like tiger stripe BDUs !)

Our Navy has different camo pattern too , ........so,at last ,  it's just like a mess !!!

Ciao,
PP out
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top