Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/9/2003 6:13:51 AM EDT
Should I spend the extra money on the lower or a Tridjicon reflex sight? Anybody have good luck with these lowers?

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:31:41 AM EDT
What is the intended purpose of the rifle? People use the very heavy Diamond lowers where light weight is not an issue and they just want the rifle to look cool (bench target rifles) and the Reflex though not a favorite around here, it is used on short ranged combat rifles where weight is of the utmost importance.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:12:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:35:19 AM EDT
A couple of key points to keep in mind with regard to the SOCOM Lowers.... -The magazine well is squared off, therefore it will only accept magzines with out the molded magazine stop. These are mainly the Thermolds and Orlites. -The Bolt Release is a bit harder to operate because it isn't recessed for your finger to depress it. It is still 100% functional just a bit more awkward. -Due to the robustness of the Lower, breaking the weapon open (remove rear TD pin) doesn't open the rifle up as much as others. -Trigger guard is fixed and can not be opened. -Some pins are harder to install than standard lowers again, due to the thickness and robustness. I do believe they have their place and are purpose specific. Much like any other accessory, part, or design. What is the intented purpose. I have a cutom 300m AR style rifle built on a SOCOM receiver that I absolutely love. It is my own person version/idea of a SPR-and not a military look-a-like.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:07:30 AM EDT
I got to handle one back to back against a RRA, and I have to say, the SOCOM lowers are beautiful, built like a tank. Unfortunately, they weigh about as much as one, too. That said, they seem to be great lowers, good for precision work. Just my 2 cents Ghost
Top Top