Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 10:08:59 PM EDT
Will an EOTech mount like this on an FF RAS or regular RAS (one)?

TIA,

TS
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Tiger, it will mount in that manner on both the RAS and the FF RAS. Because KAC design the rail in the same palin as the receiver rail, so your EOTech will fit right over the handguard rail as long as you don't have a rail panel on it.

I can snap a picture of my RAS mount if you want to see it.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Please, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

TS
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
SMGLEE,

In the same line... does anyone have a pic of a RASII with an eotech forward mounted. I'm looking at doint this with a LMT rear sight for my patrol rifle. Also any experiance with the RAS II for this?  I currently have a ARMS 50, but would like the M900 to sit a little higher.. this is just a personal preferenc thing'

Thanks
Jason
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Jason,

I don't have a RAS2, but i can asure you the front rail will fit.  the 552 is a bit tight, but the 551 has a lot of room to move around.  

I did not like the LMT rear sight with the EOTech, it just blocked too much of the optic window.  Aimpoint on a cantilever mount will put the optic winod up higher.  of course this is just my subjective view, i have seen couple operator use the EOTech in that manner, I have used it and it works for me pretty well, but I just prefer a unobstrctive rear view.  I don't mind the front post as much.

this is some thing you really want to look at before committing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the response. Does the LMT block any more of the view than the ARMS 40 in the up position?

Any pic of an eotech mounted on a RASII anyone?

Jason
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top