Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 8:53:52 PM EDT
Besides the obvious width differences between the standard size SIR like the the ARMS #45 vs the slimmer #46, are there any advantages of one over the other?  More rail space, mounting options, better cooling?  To anyone who owns or has used both, is there a significant diffence in feel between the .25 inch size diffence? Thinking about putting one together but don't really have a way of getting my hands on them prior to purchase to see which feels better to me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I did a small SIR round up at the start of this thread... it may be helpful.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=174267&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks new-arguy for the response. This is exactly the type of useful info that I was looking for. I sent you an email requesting additional info regarding weight of SIR to an M4 type carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top