Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 9:13:36 AM EDT
I tried the search here and found nothing so I figured I would ask if anybody tried the SIG SB15 pistol stabilizing brace. On so many Youtube videos the shooter fires the AR pistol by putting the end of the tube cover against their shoulder. I know it is supposed to be fired like a pistol but I can't see getting any accuracy that way. Putting the buffer tube against your shoulder seems to be the best and only way to get a SBR without a tax stamp.

The SIG item looks like a bit of a joke hooking up to your arm that way. Like something out of a bad zombie movie. I think it would be best served as a makeshift stock. Has anybody fired their AR using this either way as intended or as a shoulder stock? Legally it doesn't matter how you use it, it matters how it was intended to be used. As an arm brace it's intent is to not be used as a shoulder stock, in reality it looks like it can be used as a shoulder stock. They (the gov.) already passed judgment on it and it is GTG.

Has anybody fired an AR pistol with this unit?

It seems like a great way to avoid having to get the tax stamp which now looks like it will take a long time before and if you get it.

I figure on getting one of those new CQB grips, they move your hand into a straight position and using the SIG brace on a short barrel 9mm AR pistol. I'll wait until they start making those dedicated lowers from DDLE and put on a 7" 9mm upper from RRA. I think that would be a cool little weapon.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever since I saw it all I could think was "yup, someones gonna get fucked by the feds using this"
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The whole idea is that once you put it on the weapon it still is a pistol. The government cannot tell you how to fire any weapon, you can put it on your forehead with Velcro straps and fire it. Many people use the extension tube as a butt stock already.

But I do agree showing pictures and video of using it as a butt stock is not smart. Someone will go wow I saw this picture and all of a sudden it's illegal. Let them bath in their own ignorance and ineptitude and don't help them.

I would be more inclined to use it with a 9mm AR and not the 5.56mm which has more recoil. It mounts with a simple pressure type fit and has no clamps or solid mounting at all. I think that's another reason they OK'd it, it only has a secure mount when it is on your forearm as it is intended. Using it as a shoulder stock with a full powered rifle seems questionable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top