Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2002 3:57:08 PM EDT
My friends and myself are going to make a SHTF movie.
It's in the "Red Dawn" plot line, sorta.
It's going to be styled after "The Blair Witch Project", as it's not really a movie, but just a group running around with a camera. So you never see close-ups of the badguys face. Or special angles to show off the fancy tank they have.

I need some more ideas. So far, I've got it starting out the camera is in a car that is hauling to our apartment. It gets there, Derek runs out and yells, "WTH just happened?" Someone responds with, "They nuked Dallas. There's enemy troops parachuting into town! There's convoys on the road, and they're coming this way!"
Then we grab our weapons (mostly SKSs and Bushmaster ARs, but one kid has a Springfield '03 and an M1 Carbine in his trunk) jump into our trucks, and haul out into the boonies. On the way, we stop at my ammo-dump, pick up extra ammo, food, and supplies, then we haul cross-country to the pre-arranged hiding place deep in the woods.
From there, it's just hiding, ambushes, cleaning captured weapons, loading magazines, worring about our familys, hiding the bodies, etc. etc.

So how does this sound?
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this is in the wrong section.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is...But if you hadn't made that mistake I and the rest of the gear nerds who don't hang out in the Gen. Discussion forum would have completely missed it..  Think of it as cultural cross-pollenation (sp?).  Let me know when the movie is done.. If the tape includes a "Making Of.." directors cut it might distract me from my Backyard Wrestling tapes.. [beer]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I just have to figure out a way to get it on the computer... We don't have a digital video camera... yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Try posting in the General Patriot Discussion here, you'll get a lot of replies:

[url]http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi[/url]

You do sound a little too eager about shooting, ambushes, and hiding bodies though ...
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, um... They nuked Dallas!
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
What was the premise again? Why is Dallas such a strategic target that is gets both nuked AND invaded?
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
"They nuked Dallas. There's enemy troops parachuting into town! There's convoys on the road, and they're coming this way!"
View Quote

CUT! CUT! WAIT! HOLD IT!

ok, ok, now let's change that to.....

"there are multiple nuke strikes all over the continental US"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggg!

ok,, got it???

[size=5]ACTION![/size=5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Lights and Lasers....Lights,Camera,ACTION....its all the same.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Er....who nuked Dallas?  Which of our enemies has enough troops to mount an effective airborne invasion?  China, I suppose, but I think they have enough people on the ground already to do the job...
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The Chinese troops massed in Panama, of course.

And the coallition between Iraq and China.

They nuke all the major cities and military bases. We were [i]just[/i] out of the blast range. It was a little nuke.

We haul out to the boonies after that. We probably die of radiation sickness after a month or two.

Dallas doesn't get invaded. The smaller cities that weren't nuked do.

The chinks invade through Mexico and in cells inside the US.

We're far enought behind the front lines (which are farther north, like Colorado. They got in quick.) that the gooks near us are few and far between. Mostly just rear-area guards, a few patrols, and a mercanary group or two.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
We're gonna have to hide our vehicles.

Provide fields of fire. Defensive posistions for our hide-out area.

I've got the perfect place! These great single canopy tree layer, about an acre or two wide, with a pond in the middle. There's dry creek beds running out from it for miles in several directions.

Once we capture mines and stuff, we can fortify the avenues in and out with that.

Perfect places for ambushes, too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Nobody has any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's my idea:

You guys are going to get arrested and your movie will be the next "Terrorist Training Video" shown on CNN.

Good Luck!

;)

JAW
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#14]
ROFL!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#15]
You should watch other SHTF movies Like "Dawn Of the Dead" You might get some good ideas there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm glad you took my prior comment in the spirit I intended it.

If you're serious about this project, more power to you.

While the whole major cities getting nuked would certainly kick-off some SHTF events, how do you envision this getting resolved in your movie.  Do you and your merry band take wives and rebuild civilization?

I think a plot line that would better lend itself to a short indie film would be more along the lines of a wrong place/time theme, that necessitates you and your band of brothers getting "mid-evil" on the aggressors' asses.

Imagine you and your friends head out to some rural property owned by one of you for a weekend of beer, barbeque and busting caps.  You can use your imagination from there but some of my ideas include:

1) You discover a marijuana grow/meth-lab operation on the property - hijinks ensue when you stumble across the growers/cookers in flagrate delicto.  This is good because in the end after you deal with the malcontents you can light up to help unwind and prevent PTSD...no thanks to the meth though.

2) You witness some sort of crime that takes place (the recent execution style murder of a Bellingham-area, WA teenaged girl might inspire this plot line) where you are.  You guys get there late the first night and are setting up the tents in the dark (no fire yet).  You see a car pull up, whatever happens, happens.  One of your group steps on a branch, drops something, pukes, etc.; or they see your car on the way out, whatever...horesplay ensues from there.

These are just examples but once the issue is resolved you guys (assuming you all survive) get to go back to your normal lives.

All you are really looking for is a device (in terms of a plot) that kicks off and justifies the use of your weapons and tactics against a group of aggressors.

Wave after wave of mutant-radition-sick-Texans, or sleeper-cell-Chinamen would get old - think time lapse like in Red Dawn.  If you've got the budget and can get the cast, cool, otherwise, something along the lines of what I'm suggesting might be easier to pull off.  Just need a couple of guys to play the dirt bags.  Maybe an attractive, morally conflicted female to switch sides (and give up the booty) at some point.  

JAW
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top