Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2010 5:55:40 PM EDT
I purchase 4 of the sharps lowers and built one with a bushmaster upper.
The carriers hold pin was very hard to press in and the upper would not close.
I had to remove some aluminum to fit the upper to the lower. Junk lowers and don’t match color.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably wasted your money at RGuns too, didn't you? How many times do I need to post to SKIP Rguns and to SKIP the darn Sharps lower. It is the WORST CRAP IN THE WORLD!

SHARPS is CRAP

RGUNS IS CRAP
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I had to remove some aluminum to fit the upper to the lower. Junk lowers and don’t match color.  

English is a bitch, isn't it?!~    Good first post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What is a carriers hold pin?
Where did you remove the aluminum from?
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My experience with the Sharps lowers has been very positive. I've built a dedicated .22 using a CMMG .22 upper and various parts, an M & A Parts 24" Varmint rifle and a Del-Ton 20" A3 kit. All went together with no issues. The .22 and the A3 have Del-Ton LPKs and they have a suprisingly good trigger. I'm also fortunate the color match with the uppers and lower is very good. Coating them with CLP and letting them sit has made the color match just about perfect. The Sharps lowers were not my first purchase from R Guns and I have to say I've gotten my moneys worth with anything I've purchased from them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

WTF is a carriers hold pin?
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rollpin that holds the bolt hold-open in place?
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 3:26:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Probably wasted your money at RGuns too, didn't you? How many times do I need to post to SKIP Rguns and to SKIP the darn Sharps lower. It is the WORST CRAP IN THE WORLD!

SHARPS is CRAP

RGUNS IS CRAP

I disagree - the Sharps lowers I bought are working fine; I also have had no problem with Rguns; they're local to me.
YMMV
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#8]
just got one and the fit and finish are fine.. not a Spikes but pretty decent..
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

SHARPS is CRAP

RGUNS IS CRAP

I dont know about rguns but
SHARPS is CRAP
The one I had was the loosest upper to lower fit I have ever seen
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I built a RRA m4 w two stage trigger set and I had no problems at all , color and fit are very good. I'm Happy, very nice lower I must add
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

with a lot of interpretation, i'm guessing he means the take down pins.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never even heard of a sharps lower. Link?
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
nobody likes a tight carrier pin

i bought  few sharps lowers.

one went for a dedicated 22
one for a 9mm (RRA upper)
one for 223 beater

all of mine have functioned fine! in-spec magwell and everything went in ok. The mag release is crooked but it has not caused any malfunctions.

i have heard the horror stories associated with Rguns. besides being an asshat on the phone, the transaction was ok. my ffl received the item quickly
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought 2 from Rguns. No problem with Rguns, and the lowers fit whatever upper I chose to use them with . No problems at all. For the price that I got them at, I would definately buy more if needed, and I would buy them from Rguns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

English is a bitch, isn't it?!~    Good first post.

My Engerish wary good!!! You no talk like that to me!!! LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#16]
My friends and myself have atleast six ShARps lowers between us and have put together all six lowers without a single problem. Three have been built into complete rifles that run like a top. I'm sure some of these lowers have had problems, but they are far from junk as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I concur with 45B10. I purchased three ShaRps lowers and built the first last Saturday. No issues except for I had to lap compound the sides of the trigger so it could drop in and operate smoothly. Trigger guard roll pin was a bear to put in, but the hole for the guard itself was a bit tight for the roll pin, so nothing to do with the lower but just the LPK parts. The upper and lower were a little bit hard to close together at the rear at first, but after some range time, it goes together fine with minimum play between the two.  The problem is that not everyting is going to go together like a lego set and some "gunsmithing" needs to be done.  I am very happy with the first SHaRps lower build.

Range report no issues what so ever.  I purposely placed several different manufacturers ammo to see if any feed problems.  

Quoted:
My friends and myself have atleast six ShARps lowers between us and have put together all six lowers without a single problem. Three have been built into complete rifles that run like a top. I'm sure some of these lowers have had problems, but they are far from junk as far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 1/23/2010 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've never even heard of a sharps lower. Link?

you're not missing anything, the lowers are as ugly as sin. seriously these f'n things are hideous! if people are buying them because they're cheap i guess that's fine but i sure as hell wouldn't. i guess i don't mind spending a few more bucks for a nice looking, quality lower receiver

i think THIS is the best information thread we have going on the sharps stuff.

quote from some dude that works for sharps:

//snip//
Comps so far show us coming in closer to specifications then Colt, DPMS, Les Baer, and a host of others.
Comp to Noveske: far cleaner mag well, but they edge us just a bit on the fit and finish, again just a bit. Not bad considering we are going to bang out 5-15,000/mo.
//snip//

out of the box claiming to be as good as Colt or Noveske? i call bullshit! how can you be "closer" to spec than Colt?
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In that case you would usually file on the contact surfaces of the upper receiver to get a good fit, then use aluminum black to darken the disturbed areas (that you wouldn't see anyway when the upper is closed). This is a lot better than having a sloppy fit. The finish on uppers and lowers doesn't always match even with Colt's.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top