Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2007 3:31:27 AM EDT
A friend has a SGW marked Olympic receiver that is an early one with the A1 features. Are these receivers any good other than the A1 styling for a retro build?

Thanks,
                                       Patio
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No problems with mine... quality is just fine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I had an early SGW receiver made for Palmetto Armory. It was one of the early ones machined out of barstock. I sent it back to Oly Arms for refinishing maybe 7 years ago, they told me it had quality issues (it was soft, egged out holes) so they remanufactured it on a new forged lower for free. They will probably do it now for about $100 to retain preban status for those states which still require that nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Gravity Tester has my old SGW.....still trying to figure out how to steal it back!!!!  
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top