Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 2:31:43 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a tactical weaponlight for my 16" M4gery, but I can't decide what would be a better rig for police work (not SWAT, for right now).  Any experiences with either system would be greatly appreciated.  I've carried an M-16A2 for the past 17 years (USMC) so I'm not new to the weapon just not experience on the goodies!!

Take it easy on a newbie also!!  I 've read some threads, and I know it's a rough crowd.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The M900A is a heavy bitch, and the grip is not comfortable for everryone. I prefer to mount my light on the rail, and run a pad to a KAC grip. I back off the cap on the light to lock it out for daylight shooting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!!  What set up do you recommend?  I know it's personal preference but right now I'm talking to anyone that has an opinion on the subject.  Do you stil run a VG?  How do you like the VG?  Sorry for all the questions, but this is the first time I get to customize my rifle....

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a KAC VFG on a DD FF rail. Sometimes I borrow my buddies old SureFire and put it on the right hand rail. I just sold my M900A, and will get a new Surefire to mount there.

Short of installing a railed handguard, I would definitely go with the M500A, they seem nice.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Grant:  What mounting system do you have installed on your carbine, for the light?  Sooner or later, I will be in the market for a rail system and a SF product, but right now, I don't have a clue as to what I should get.  Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top