Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:36:58 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the new ARMS #17DL dual lever mount works on the 1st production M900's?

My M900 w/ARMS single lever doesn't have the 2 groove cut-outs  I see on most M900's pic'd on this web-site, mine has 1 cut-out groove!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pic!

Thanks!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would the M900a need dual ARMS throw levers?

The better option would be to just get a LaRue replacement single throw lever.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why would the M900a need dual ARMS throw levers?

The better option would be to just get a LaRue replacement single throw lever.

I just think an extra lever toward the front would make it more sturdy(IMHO)!

I've never seen the LaRue for a M900?

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using my M900a pretty hard for several years and I haven't ever run into any issues where one ARMS locking lever wasn't strong/strudy enough.  IMHO, an extra lever and larger mount would just add unnecessary weight.  Seriously, how many broken M900a's have you heard about?

Believe me, I've banged that grip handle pretty hard a few times and it always held on tightly.

While I believe the LaRue lever is superior one of the reasons I haven't changed over yet is because of the experiences I mentioned above.  However, I do feel the little flip-floppy rail buffer on the ARMS mount can be a PIA when mounting the light.

Here's the LaRue LT170 that I mentined earlier.

Info from LaRue's site : Upgrade your SureFire M900, M951 and M961 Weapon Lights with our Adjustable SpeedLever "17 Upgrade" Mount

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Yojimbo!

I was just thinking it might take any "give" out of the front end? You can pull down on the front of my light and it gives a little, no big deal, but I wished it didn't! Mine is just a SHTF gun, so it doesn't get used & abused hard!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#8]
My  light also wiggles with the arms mount does anyone have expierence with the LaRue mount on this light. I have a LaRue mount for my Aimpoint and think its great. I feel as much as you pay for this light it shouldn't have any wiggle. I probaly should of just saved the money and got the thumb screws.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:12:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My  light also wiggles with the arms mount does anyone have expierence with the LaRue mount on this light. I have a LaRue mount for my Aimpoint and think its great. I feel as much as you pay for this light it shouldn't have any wiggle. I probaly should of just saved the money and got the thumb screws.

Since the LaRue is adjustable it should allow you to fit it your rail and make the wiggles go away.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have the LaRue 17 Upgrade on my M900 - I bought the light with the thumbscrews, since I knew I would get the LT 17 mount...

I have it adjusted very tight (takes a screwdriver to pry the lever open), because like you, I dont like any play in the grip in any direction. I have used it for several thousnd rounds and it has not loosened up at all.

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the LaRue 17 Upgrade on my M900 - I bought the light with the thumbscrews, since I knew I would get the LT 17 mount...

I have it adjusted very tight (takes a screwdriver to pry the lever open), because like you, I dont like any play in the grip in any direction. I have used it for several thousnd rounds and it has not loosened up at all.

Hope this helps,
Clint

I also bought a thumbscrw model and upgraded to the LaRue mount.  I am very happy with it, and it is extremely solid, no play at all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess I got lucky. My M900 with ARMS is tight with no movement on all my rails,
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Guess I got lucky. My M900 with ARMS is tight with no movement on all my rails,

My M900 doesn't move on my rail, it's a very tight fit, what I'm talking about is the front of the light, you can pull down on it a little bit! I was just thinking dual levers puts one more lever closer toward the front, so maybe it would do away with the "give".

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:22:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I found a pic of the new Surefire M900 with the dual ARMS throw levers we saw at the Shot Show. SMGLee posted it a while back but I missed it.

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-213_1.jpg

Very inetersting, looking at that I'd still prefer the single throw lever version.

BTW, that's a nice pic of the new SIR and the Elcan Spectre!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top