Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2011 1:05:26 PM EDT
I just got some loose in a bag 5.56mm with the Headstamp SB MC and at the bottom 83. I know it was made in 1983, is it the spanish 5.56mm? Thank you for any help guys.

Bryan
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If i had to take a guess i would say Santa Barbara ammo.  I've never seen it but i heard good things.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. Squires Bingham in the Phillipines. "SB MC" = Squires Binghan Manufacturing Company located in Manilla, Phillipines...

Should be M-193 spec.

1DD
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Might take a look and see if you recognize anything here?

http://www.afte.org/ExamResources/gallery2/v/Headstamp-Gallery/Letters_001/S/
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a bunch of this back when it came in. It shot well and was good for plinking (had a strong ammonia smell when fired, tho). The brass loads well (still using it). It came in strippers and light green bandoleers. The bandoleers weren't as well made as USGI and the strippers were loose on the ammo, but usable.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the replys and help guys. I will take it out on my next trip and shoot it. After getting a case of yellow boxed norinco that was marked non crossive and it was crossive I'm always hesitant to shoot unknown ammo now.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top