Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 3:06:48 PM EDT
Has anyone here used a SARCO kit to build their AR?  My main question is who is their source of parts?  Chrome lined barrel?  Pre- or post-ban config?  Just wondering if this a decent kit or if I should I stay away...  Thanks in advance for the input.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a kit from them.I am happy.Totally new or refinished parts. Early chrome lined pre-ban barrel and triangular handguards, no trap-door buttstock, but a "keyhole logo" A2 upper. I used it as the basis for my 80% build that I finally got pictures linked to. If you are looking to do an A2 rifle, I would recommend Model 1 or J&T, as their uppers are fully assembled in the kit.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
dodgewc, what was the twist rate on the barrel?  Was it the thin A1 style, or an A2?  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like an A1 style. Marked with a " c- mp"  and "chrome bore"
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Dodgewc,
              In your SARCO Kit, was the barrel complete and assembled (from the barrel nut to the FS)?  Was the upper assembled (door/FA and A2 rear sight)?   Or was Everything simply in pieces stuffed in the shipping box?  Thanks for your time and reply.
Emmetf
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
It was a box of parts, nothing assembled. The kit I got from Model 1 had the upper completely assembled.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the quick reply.  When the ad said "parts", I guess they were right!  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
how much????
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It was a box of parts, nothing assembled.

Just to clarify - was the front sight assembled to the barrel, or was it loose?  If it was loose, were the holes drilled in the right place to attach it with the taper pins?  Is this the parts kit they list on their website for $294.95?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I recieved an e-mail from SARCO yesterday as a reply to a question about the ~$294.00 kit they advertise as complete minus the lower. Well, they e-mailed me and stated the kit does not come with the barrel. They need to get their advertising straight. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I recieved an e-mail from SARCO yesterday as a reply to a question about the ~$294.00 kit they advertise as complete minus the lower. Well, they e-mailed me and stated the kit does not come with the barrel. They need to get their advertising straight. hinking.gif

That would have been a great deal with the barrel, but without it, I would say buffertech.com has the better deal.  They have a complete M16A1 (including b/bc/ch) upper for $275.  Guess I'll order one of those instead.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#11]
The kit I got from Sarco was $386. It included the barrel, which was complete with FSB and collar.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey, you got a return e-mail from a human-being at Sarco?  I've sent five in the past week and haven't gotten a single reply.  Seems to be par for the SARCO course.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top