Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 7:24:53 AM EDT
Has anyone ever used any parts from SARCO? They appear to be mostly surplus parts. I was thinking about ordering some of their lower parts kits. Has anyone ever used one?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It would have been a better bargain if you had bought an AR parts kit for $289 when they first advertised them, but that's water over the dam.  You could have justified the risk by saving ~ $100.

Now that they are $386, I don't think that they are worth the risk, though.  DPMS kits are advertised for ~ $379 from Kieslers in the SGN and ~ $399 on the FAC website.  When I posted a similar response a few weeks ago, a poster said that FAC sometimes is out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one bad experience with SARCO and will not do business with them again.  There are too many reliable honest shops to bother with SARCO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to keep things fair and balanced, I've dealt with SARCO a few times and always got exactly what I ordered, at a fair price, and shipped quickly. No complaints at all from me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Sarco had 3 things i wanted to buy
ar15 lower parts kit $44
m16 butt stock current production $30
m203 handguard $20

My fear is that I'll get a cracked handguard, an A1 buttstock thats missing a buffer and spring, and the kit will be missing pins or springs. Has any one ordered these specific items from Sarco befor? Or can they recomend a better retailer that has them for the same price?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered an Ar lower parts kit from them and averything was there.  The only thing was they sent an m16 selector instead of an AR.  I didn't use it.  But did find that interesting.  When I installed the parts everything worked.  The front of the trigger that sits against the hammer was a little thicker then my other parts kit triggers.  I just ground it down with adremmel and have not had a problem with it,
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top