Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 8:45:49 AM EDT
Heard this on another board, but am suspicious as I had not heard anything about this on ARF, and couldn't find it with a search.

Rumor has it that ACE displayed a prototype of a bullpup AR settup at the 2006 SHOT Show.  

Confirm/deny?

-MV
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Who is ACE?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who is ACE?

You, minus the "D".

Maybe ACE LTD, the stock company.  Only thing I can come up with.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
that would be cool. Not a big fan of bullpups but more options never hurt anyone.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
wouldnt be the first crap product they release
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's the original mention of it, from a gun dealer in Utah, and every established THR member:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=182247

eklikwhoa:  what are the terrible products that ACE put out?  Their skeleton stocks seem pretty decent.  Oh, and my Dissipator build on an A1-upper should be done tomorrow.  I'll actually be tossing an ACE shorty stock on it just for fit, but will probably end up getting an A1 furniture set for it in the near future.  

-MV
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here's the original mention of it, from a gun dealer in Utah, and every established THR member:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=182247

eklikwhoa:  what are the terrible products that ACE put out?  Their skeleton stocks seem pretty decent.  Oh, and my Dissipator build on an A1-upper should be done tomorrow.  I'll actually be tossing an ACE shorty stock on it just for fit, but will probably end up getting an A1 furniture set for it in the near future.  

-MV

a few post down

oh, a friend did the bullpup thing with his 10/22 and if its anything similar its going to be crap. trigger was made of plastic and just felt shitty shouldered.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#8]
There were picture's of it here, from last years SHOT show.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't understand why companies keep trying to bring out bullpups. There are so few people here in the U.S. that like them, that I know of anyway, I don't think there will ever be a lucrative market.

They are just too damn ugly, compactness aside. If I want a compact rifle I'll get a tax stamp or build an AR pistol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't understand why companies keep trying to bring out bullpups. There are so few people here in the U.S. that like them, that I know of anyway, I don't think there will ever be a lucrative market.

They are just too damn ugly, compactness aside. If I want a compact rifle I'll get a tax stamp or build an AR pistol.

People liking them is directly related to how well they work and how functional they are.  Bushmaster's M17 still sells because it works well and is functional, though it's not as light or handy as most ARs.  I'd love to see a bullpup AR that overcomes the "as good as" issue somehow, as in perhaps being lighter, smaller (heightwise) or significantly more accurate.

Once you get people using a product and liking it, the "ugly" issue goes away.  Compactness combined with a long barrel is a Good Thing, by the way.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I looked and asked for ACE ltd at Shot 06....was told like Ares.....they didn't show.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Were they in the tent?  Only place I didn't get to.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People liking them is directly related to how well they work and how functional they are.  Bushmaster's M17 still sells because it works well and is functional, though it's not as light or handy as most ARs.  I'd love to see a bullpup AR that overcomes the "as good as" issue somehow, as in perhaps being lighter, smaller (heightwise) or significantly more accurate.

Once you get people using a product and liking it, the "ugly" issue goes away.  Compactness combined with a long barrel is a Good Thing, by the way.

Good point there, short but still a sure fire effective barrel length.    They're definitley not my cup of tea, I don't plan on clearing buildings or playing commando. I just kill paper, bottles, clay targets etc and occasional just fill a dirt mound full of holes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Rusty,

Do you by chance have any pics?  I read on another board, that they won't make them unless it looks like they can make/sell 2000 or it wouldn't be fiscally responsible.

I'm very interested, as I've got a couple M16's, and if I could somehow mount that into a bullpup, that would be sweet.  a BULLPUP W/11.5 IN barrel!!  Even more so  if they are going to add a piston upper.

I MUST find a pic and some more details.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Found a pic:

http://www.riflestocks.com/images06/ARBP/BobFALBP.jpg

http://www.riflestocks.com/ar15.htm#ARBP
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]

I see one great advantage with this stock: you can use your tongue to trip the bolt hold-open lever...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#22]
jesus fuck what is that!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.riflestocks.com/images06/ARBP/ARBP-ss.jpg

I see one great advantage with this stock: you can use your tongue to trip the bolt hold-open lever...

It will come with an oven mit for holding the barrel, cuts down on all that stupid/needless "handguard" weight.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:40:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Is the stock adjustable in any way?

Let's all remember this is just a prototype, which often bears little resemblance to the finished product.

Still, I think it looks sorta cool in a movie prop kind of way.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#25]
With all the weight being in the back, I'm a little worried about the balance.  However, it looks like it would be quick to point and shoot.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#26]
If they made a good looking and quality bullpup, I'd buy it in a second. I love the bullpup design.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Unless the prototype is significantly improved, I don't see that gaining a lot of ground on the domesticly produced AUG.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Is that a POF "upper"?

Mounting the trigger group to the bottom handguard rail...pure genius! Whatever will they think of next
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#29]
There's another thread now for this POS.  HERE

This is my response in the other thread:

WOW!

From the shitty trigger and the Ergo Grip to the chopped up Predator Rail system, it's Fugly.

That thing seriously needs a longer "body" to cover up that barrel.

They need to go back to the drawing board, get rid of the stolen predator rail and redesign the "trigger pack" portion to make it closer to the barrel and therefore not as low-slung.

Give it to ACE to put Huffy Handlebar Foam on yet another Fugly invention...

Seriously, who thought it would be funny to photoshop this monster? this ain't real...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Found a pic:

www.riflestocks.com/images06/ARBP/BobFALBP.jpg

http://www.riflestocks.com/ar15.htm#ARBP

That looks like an FAL.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top