Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 4:30:15 PM EST
This gun thing really is a sickness. I haven't even ordered my upper kit and I'm buying mags and ammo.

Anyway, I'm wondering about Royal Ordinance mags. I bought two today from a local shop, because I could. The stickers on the mags say "Royal Ord AR15PW Mag, AR15 30RND 223 Rem Steel". Another sticker says "England".

I didn't see anything in the MagFAQ about these. Has anybody used them? If so, are they any good? If they're not worth anything I can take them back.

Thanks for any info.
Scott
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:35:37 PM EST
If they are the same ones that I have they are surplus English SA-80 mags and they are supposed to be the Rolls Royce of AR-15 mags. They are a bit too tightly fitted in some ways (just like the SA-80) but they have worked like a charm for me with my various AR variants. They are beautifully finished and the mag body is made to outlast the receiver on your rifle... Others may have a different experience but a guy here uses them in his full autos and they go without a blip...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:43:12 PM EST
I don't know about Rolls Royces but these mags do look good...Real Heavy compared w/USGI's I bet you'll like 'em.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:53:27 PM EST
Thanks for the replies! I did see the SA-80 mags on the FAQ and was hoping that's what these were. They look to be in decent shape, only a little wear. I didn't think the price was too bad, $20 each, if they work. I think there were about 10 left when I bought these.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:42:31 AM EST
Sounds like the ones I bought NIW for $25 each.
Top Top