Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2003 11:18:40 PM EDT
Armalite M-15A2

The trigger feels kind of rough lately with creep. I cleaned the whole trigger assembly with brake cleaner, then oiled the parts that I thought are touching when the trigger is released. It is better but still much rougher than other stock triggers I have.

There is not much travel but I have to really squeeze it. Why is this happening? Has something wore out? Am I not lubricating properly?

Is this a candidate for "15 minute trigger job". I don't want something aftermarket like a target/competition trigger, just a slightly smoother trigger.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
This is exactly why I use that method.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to start with the polishing part and if that still doesn't work, move onto the springs. How much of a difference do you think polishing the sear surface will make?

Secondly, where do I get the  "Fine compound (#7 rubbing compound or Kit Scratch Out plastic polish"?
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top