Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:14:36 AM EDT
I have an offer for a "like new condtion" Rock River SEMI auto lower receiver.

What is throwing me some concern is "U.S. GOVT. PROPERTY" markings!

Is this an overrun? (D.E.A.??) or is this a Big Mistake / Federal Issue NO-NO??

Any insights on this???

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, it is probably just from ol Pete  (Legal Transfers).  He gets some cool RRA govt. marked lowers every once in a while and they are GREAT lowers.  Buy it!

EDITED TO ADD:

Time to defend Pete, I guess.  I've personally bought 2 lowers and one upper from him.  Each time, he was easy to do business with and I was 100% satisfied with the products.  IMHO, the RRA National Match lower I got from him was absolutely the nicest AR component I've ever seen.  Fit and finish was great and the trigger pull was light, crisp, and clean.  You can do business with him with confidence, I guarantee it.  If you get something from him you don't like and he won't make it good, I'll pay you for it.  Beat that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Marketing gimmick.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, I'm thinking the same thing i took a close look at the them and correct me if I'm wrong, but the font and shape of the "gov. prop." stamp looks a little off.  It looks like it was made by another kind of stamp.  But, I could be wrong I am no expert.  I was going to call them and see if these are for real.  If they are they would make cool lowers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can deal with Pete (I can't -- he's too much the used car salesman), and like RRA, then there's nothing to worry about with his quirky engraving.  He has 'U.S. PROPERTY' CNC'd into each receiver.  Note that there's no 'Government' anywhere in the extra text.

[pete]
I'M NOT A KITCHEN TABLE DEALER... EVERYBODY ELSE IS A COPY CAT... MY STUFF IS THE BEST, DON'T GET RIPPED OFF BY THE REST... NOT A KITCHEN TABLE DEALER -- I'M IN A COMMERCIAL BUILDING.  DON'T BE FOOLED BY ALL THE OTHER GUYS -- BUY FROM ME!!! EVERYONE ELSE IS A COPY CAT!!!  EVERYTHING ELSE IS CRAP!!
[/pete]

I just went and checked out his ads, and it appears he's toned it down a bit from years past.  Still Pete, but just not as funny as he used to be.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds as if he should be selling for Florida Gun Works- FGW - well I am not sure anyone else has that bad of a reputation.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of these RRA "U.S. PROPERTY" Lowers, and it's an excellent lower I promise you.
I have ordered many lowers from Pete, never a problem, awesome fast service!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you can deal with Pete (I can't -- he's too much the used car salesman), and like RRA, then there's nothing to worry about with his quirky engraving.  He has 'U.S. PROPERTY' CNC'd into each receiver.  Note that there's no 'Government' anywhere in the extra text.

[pete]
I'M NOT A KITCHEN TABLE DEALER... EVERYBODY ELSE IS A COPY CAT... MY STUFF IS THE BEST, DON'T GET RIPPED OFF BY THE REST... NOT A KITCHEN TABLE DEALER -- I'M IN A COMMERCIAL BUILDING.  DON'T BE FOOLED BY ALL THE OTHER GUYS -- BUY FROM ME!!! EVERYONE ELSE IS A COPY CAT!!!  EVERYTHING ELSE IS CRAP!!
[/pete]

I just went and checked out his ads, and it appears he's toned it down a bit from years past.  Still Pete, but just not as funny as he used to be.

Now that's funny.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sounds as if he should be selling for Florida Gun Works- FGW - well I am not sure anyone else has that bad of a reputation.

How about R Guns?  Joeken?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Pete did me right. Good guy.

Have one of the "US Property" lowers myself ...

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two of the US Property marked lowers that I got from Pete.  Even cooler to me are the US ARMY 02 and 03 serial numbered RRA lowers I got from RB Precision.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
No problems with Pete here either; lovely RRA NM upper.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Pete's been getting ragged on lately, but seriously, if you can get buy his wierd advertising, he's a good guy that delivers great products in a hurry (if parts are in stock).  I will buy from him again anytime and I am a picky and cautious buyer.  Not to mention, there are hundreds of positive posts about Pete's service and products.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

[pete]
[/pete]

Dont forget....

I AM THE GREATEST AND NUMBER ONE ROCK RIVER ARMS DEALER IN THE UNIVERSE.....I MIGHT AS WELL OWN THE COMPANY I SELL SO MUCH OF THEIR PRODCUT.....ONLY RRA GOT THE DEA CONTRACT..... RRA!!!!  DEA TOUGH
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I've gotten lowers from Pete, and have sent a few customers his way.

But that's still pretty damn funny.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm always amused at things like this...I have called the guy a number of times...NEVER been impressed...He may not work on the kitchen table...but he certainly doesn't work much with friendly costomer service....every time I have spoken with him, I get the atitude...of "what the hell do you want?"
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Pete's been getting ragged on lately, but seriously, if you can get buy his wierd advertising, he's a good guy that delivers great products in a hurry (if parts are in stock).  I will buy from him again anytime and I am a picky and cautious buyer.  Not to mention, there are hundreds of positive posts about Pete's service and products.

This reminds me of my philosophy about buying gun products (and other products)

First choice: Buy from the manufacturer

You never know when you will need to return someting, and it may be for something "gray" (fit, finish, performance, etc)

A manufacturer has their name on it, and the ability to make good on these issues better than the other choices.

Second choice: By from an authorized dealer with a storefront

An authorized dealer (with storefront) has his livlighood directly riding on customer service, and product success. He will likely rely on a manufactrurer to back anything he sells for them

Lastly: Internet dealer

Often part timer, and not fully vested in the results. If his price is lower, its often because he simply has it direct shipped to you and doesnt hold inventory like others can/do.

Even as a stocking dealer, the follow-up service is not as urgent as with the others

Of course YMMV
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The only concern I would have would be the price.

Hence WAL*Mart

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I've always found Pete to be polite, myself, though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I think Pete is getting a bad rap!  The guy has a great inventory, knows his product and sells at a great price.  

On second thought maybe he should quit his day job and start writing jokes using fifth grade humor.  Although at least in this thread, the market seems to be flooded.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought a US Property marked lower from Pete. Nothing special..came in a cut up USPS box.  I don't understand how his speed is judged by how fast the USPS delivers.  Credit is not where its due...the POSTMAN! I find his arrogance irritating and his insulting other people childish especially when he attacks reputable gunsmiths. He by no means is a gunsmith nor an AR "wizard" as he claimed early in his dealings.  I'd buy from Compass Lake from now on. Good priced and don't have to buy an attitude.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#22]
My only concern with Pete's "US Property" marked lowers is completely specific to my personal situation...

The only range I have access to with more than 150 yards of lane is on Fort Benning post!  The guys at the gate are DUMBA$$ES!  They're civilian contractors, NOT MPs.  (The MPs were great, and most were range members).

Sometimes, they say "thanks and have a nice day", but sometimes they say "you have fireams in your car?  Sir, step out of the vehicle immediately and keep your hands in view".  No consistency, and if it wasn't for the 500 yard range, I wouldn't go.  

So can you imagine, during one of their "I don't know $hit" searches, looking at my unloaded, properly stored AR that's marked "US Property"?

Sure, I could try and sue them after I got out of the holding cell, but then I'd miss my whole shooting day!

I like Pete... I think he's a funny guy, and he's been pretty friendly to me on the phone.  Of all the arguing I've seen, and no matter how poorly he may have handled certain situations, I can say first hand that he was 100% correct about the matter in question.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#23]
So are these RRA engraved or Pete engraved lowers?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#24]
lol...that's some funny stuff...but go easy on Pete.  His company IS good and he DOES sell an excellent product with great service.  He'll treat you right.

Lynch mob justice is sometimes too quick around here.

But...that said...

I laughed my ass off!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So are these RRA engraved or Pete engraved lowers?

RRA engraved
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:11:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Pete lynched himself when he started badmouthing others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top