Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 1:03:26 PM EDT
Has anybody used Rock River's Scope mount with the intergral rings or have any imput on them???

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA mount puts the occular lense higher than standard irons (1.4") by about .25", but at $55 is less expensive than a Larue ($140). I went with a used Armalite one piece mount ($60 used on EE, $87 new), and I'm very happy with it. It puts the scope at the same height as stock irons (or maybe even a hair lower) but it's solid. I didn't like how high my scope was with the RRA one-piece mount, so check your cheek weld on a borrowed rifle with one before you buy if possible.

Brian
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and it works and is plenty high for anything you will want to put on it.  I am disappointed with the overall quality but I guess one shouldn't expect too much for the price.  I am replacing it with Oly Arms SR1 rings in the next few days though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought one on the EE new in the sealed bag, the finish isnt the best but a quick application of Krylon camo black should help. The height is a tad high but not bad if you have fat cheeks

My Armalite 30mm mount is so much nicer but for $27 shipped I couldnt pass up the RRA

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two, one on my 18" RRA upper and one on my 20" upper, both are great.  For the money you cannot beat them.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one that I may let go to help finance a future ACOG.  I used it for only about 50 rounds with a Bushnell 10x40 mildot but then I got an Aimpoint.  Never used it since.  It has a nice finish and mounts easily.  Let me know if ur interested.  I can post some pics tonight.

-Mark

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top