Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 10:29:26 AM EDT
Short question, is the National Match just as versatile as the standard A2 except for being more accurate?

Is the rear sight a dual aperature like the standard A2, or does it just have the target peep?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
My friend just got a RRA NM A2 and the rear sight is dual aperature. Just unscrew the peep sight and flip it forward. Its a REALLY accurate rifle. At 400 yards we put 16 out of 16 on a 2' x 3' target.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much just as versatile but a good deal heavier. You dont want o be lugging a CMP rifle around. Mine weighed 14lbs or so but it had lead weights. I think they weigh around 9lbs without extra weight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I think mine weighed 10 pounds before I weighted it up to 12.  They are darned accurate, thats for sure.  I don't mind lugging a 10 pound rifle, I guess its all in what you're used to.  Heck, I'm 62 and when the day comes I can't carry a 9/10 pound rifle I'll give it up.  Of course I'm not carrying it all day either.  (:>).

Cheers,

Phil
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I meant lugging it all day. Not just from the car to the range old man
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I can still lug it a five or ten miles but have no reason to hump it all day.  

Cheers,

Phil
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]
That's good to know that the peep sight is still a dual aperature. So pretty much you have 3 different size rear sights to play with...

They are heavier than a standard A2 (HBAR)? Just because of the stainless barrel or do they have weight inserts in them?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
lol the ole fart prolly has a buggy to pack it anything over 100 feet.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#8]
hey
Would I be an idiot if I took an NM and tried to make a battle rifle out of it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]

They are heavier than a standard A2 (HBAR)? Just because of the stainless barrel or do they have weight inserts in them?

The barrel is about the same or slightly heavier (the type of steel is not a factor).  The DCM/CMP type free-float tube does add quite a bit of weight (they are free-floated, but are supposed to look stock).  The all-up rifle is noticeably heavier than your A-2 type HBAR.  And most CMP shooters do add buttstock and fore-end lead weights.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top