Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 1:01:28 PM EDT
 A number of months ago I had a RRA's two stage trigger installed on my Bushy.  Now, I am very happy with the trigger but have some concerns.  Most of the Tier1 instructors seem to generally caution against anything but a mil-spec type trigger in any type of SD gun.  Pat Rogers had mentioned on another forum that  he had seen a number of aftermarket triggers go belly up during classes.  Now, Pat did not elaborate as to which type of triggers took a dump, but It did raise my eyebrow.
  Just today I had called the gunsmith(Evolution Gun Works) who had installed my trigger and started asking questions relative the RRA's unit. They related that they have been installing that particular trigger for a number of years for people and have never had any calls with problems with any.  This included a wide range of people.  Including LE/Mil and the gambit of civilian types.  In fact the smith who installed mine has one on his own HD gun and felt very strongly about the durability that particular trigger.  He had related that parts wise the RRA's unit really can't be compared to say something like the Jewel 2 stage trig.  Which he felt was a "TRUE" match type trigger and really meant for a target/comp gun and would have durability issues if used otherwise.  His impression was that even though RRA's says that it is a match type trigger it sort of falls somewhere in the middle of that and a mil-spec one.
 Now looking at the RRA's web sight a number of their builds(including the Government and Tactical entry models) seem to have as a standard part the same 2 stage.  Now I am assuming that the Government model is a duplicate to the ones that the DEA are being issued which makes me think that quite possibly I'm working myself into a lather over nothing.
 I guess my question is more or less to the folks that have this trigger installed in their own gun.  If one could please let me/us know some of the particulars.  How long they have had it in.  How many rounds have they put it through.  Have they used them in their line of work.(LE/Mil) How have they faired through classes, if any. etc.....  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
most have had the two stage turn into a single stage over some time.

i myself had one and it ran fine and never gave any problems also had a woa tuned rra two stage and it has seen maybe 4-5k without any problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
tagged for responses.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
tagged for responses.

do a search, the rra two stage has been discussed many of times before.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I did do some looking around and ran across some threads but I was looking for some long term feedback from people who have had the trigger installed for some time.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't offer any long term advice, but I bought a used lower through the EE with one, so who knows how many rounds have been through it. I have shot around a thousand since I got it, and have had no problems what so ever. Buy one, you'll love it. If it ever breaks just buy another.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
i used a woa tuned rra for about 4-5k rounds without any problems.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:26:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a standard RRA 2-stage with over 7k rounds.  Running great still.  

I read an article about 4 months ago re: RRA introducing a new 2-stage trigger.

The co-founder was the focus of the interview and was very very high on discussing the new, enhanced and improved 2-stager

any word on it?

I'll see if I can find the article/interview as I know I saved it

ETA: Here is the quote from the article (I thought it went into greater deail, and may elsewhere but it is a long- but intersting- read)

"Mark Larsen, co-founder of RockRiverArms.......

We are also introducing another two-stage trigger that will be tuned by us and will also have a lighter hammer. The new trigger will cost slightly more than our current trigger but we will continue to offer our current trigger.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:29:34 AM EDT
[#9]
adco offers one that they redid that was suppose to make it sturdier
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered another RRA NM trigger for my Colt (big-pins).  I am waiting for one of the new MGI lowers with inter-changeable magwells.  When that comes in, I'll probably get one for it too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one in my 20" A4 (which I assembled with 100% RRA parts) and threw a NM trigger in it. It has about 1,600-1,700rds through it and is now my HD AR. I trust it with my life.

I bought another to put in my M&A parts gun with an Oly lower that worked less than spectacularly. It was extremely notchy and I figured I could fix it with the dremel. Big mistake. I turned it into a single stage, but since it is my plinking gun, I just left it in there because it bumps REALLY well

I like the feel of the one that works.

I have a sneeking suspicion that I the other one I bought was a reject that some guy got his hands on, but I don't really care. It works.

I will buy more in the future.

WIZZO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top