Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 6:55:47 PM EST
Hello, I saw DEA marked Rock River Arms AR15. Does anyone know which model is this? Could you provide the link as well. Also, who sells this at the lowest price? I'm a Colt fan but it seems like everyone loves it! Please share the info with us!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:10:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 7:17:45 PM EST by Copper54]
According to the October issue of Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement, it is a LAR-15 w/:
- a flat top upper (A4 variant) with detachable Carry handle and Tritium sights
- a Wilson 14.25 inch barrel (16 inch available)
- a National Match two-stage trigger
- Hogue finger grooved rubber grip
- SureFire M73-M4 Quad Rail foregrip
- Pivoting steel sling swivel attached to a telescoping rear stock
- GG&G flip-up rear sight
- EOTech HOLOGraphic red dot sight
- SureFire M951XMA01 Light System
- Viking VTAC Tactical Sling
- Eagle Industries carry case w/ six magazined, cleaning kit and related accessories.

If your interested in the Quad Rail foregrip, click on this link www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/312/sesent/00.
SureFire prices it at $195. There is no picture of the AR version, but several of others for other guns. Note also that by the picture in the magazine, this is NOT a free float, it replaces the existing carbine handguards and gives four picatinny rails.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:14:00 PM EST
Do they sell LE models to us after the ban?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:54:04 PM EST
RRA will sell a civilain version with a 16" barrel called the "Government" model. Or, you just buy one of their CAR A4's and build one for yourself.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:55:41 PM EST
I called RRA today and the lady on the phone they would not sell LE marked guns to civilians, ban or no ban. I wanted one marked DEA too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:09:21 AM EST
Info re this gun is even available from links on this website. On the home page in the "Defense Reviews" section (lower right corner) is an item on "Press Release on DEA Contract for RRA DEA/FBI Tactical Carbine" click on it and it opens up this page:

www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=594
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:11:33 PM EST
THE DEA model is available now to civilians. I ordered one a yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:19:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By venividivici26:
THE DEA model is available now to civilians. I ordered one a yesterday.

How much?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:11:07 PM EST
Where did you order from? I'm ready to order. RRA said they wouldn't sell to civilians.
Top Top