Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 4:33:03 PM EDT
This is my first post on AR-15.com.This seems like the place to go for info.Gettin ready to buy my second AR and have heard some good things about rock river and they are resonably priced what do you guys think of them.Also what other manufacturers should I consider
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a RRA upper because of their reputation.  Aparently their good reputation is well earned.  It is a great upper.  Unless what you really want is a true custom upper, I'd say buy RRA.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't go wrong with RRA.

BTW, your screenname is classic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of the RRA varmint guns with the 24" stainless barrel. Excellent quality and scary accuracy. Now that the ban has ended, I'm in the market for a an AR with pre-ban features. I'll be looking at RRA again, as well as Bushmaster, my other recommendation. One local shop here is high on Olympic Arms (claims they have the best barrels). Stick with one of the reputable firms and you'll do well. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
How Or are there any other suggestions ?
Is teflon finish better that standard finish?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am now also looking for a good quality Lower Rcvr.
How does DPMS compare to RRA  & Bushmaster , or Wilson?
Or are there any other suggestions ?
Is teflon finish better that standard finish?

DPMS' teflon finish is done on top of the standard finish, which is black anodizing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top