Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 12:21:22 AM EDT
I looking to buy a postban lower receiver and I thought about RRA. Any comments?

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I am very happy with mine. Great finish and very good quality forged.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#2]
If you get the DCM you get a 2-stage match trigger installed and a complete lower for approx $265

awesome price.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a RRA NM lower and it is sweet. The trigger is crisp and light and the fit and finish of the lower are outstanding. The takedown pins are really tight at first but they wear in with use. I would recommend it.

You can pick up a NM lower for between 290-350, depending on where you get it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I like mine alot...match grade trigger is sweet...
Cant say enough good about them...and they are priced right..
Check out Pete in N.H.
or Robert & Donny at [url]www.sableco.net[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my first AR recently, and based on the fact that they include the 2-stage trigger on all their rifles was the deciding factor for me. After comparing with several other AR's like Bushmaster, Colt, etc., I can definitely state that it was a VERY good decision.

You can buy the lower with the cheaper "standard" trigger and save some money, but I would highly recommend their 2-stage trigger.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Check out Pete in N.H. or Robert & Donny at [url]www.sableco.net[/url]
View Quote

SableCo lists stripped lowers for only $95.00  But be prepaired to wait for supply to catch up with demand. I ordered mine one long month ago and still have yet to receive it.  Thier communication skills are not the best either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Pete-in-NH is [b]THE MAN!!![/b] when it comes to Rock River Arms stuff. I've dealt with Pete several times. His prices are great, he ships quickly, and answers ALL e-mails promptly. If he doesn't have something in stock, he'll tell you up-front. He'll also tell when he's expecting it to be back in stock, which usually isn't very long at all...

All the RRA stuff I've bought has been "top-shelf" quality.

As I said, I've dealt with Pete before and he'll be getting more of my $$$ soon.

He runs ads in the Equipment Exchange section...

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pete-in-NH is [b]THE MAN!!![/b]
View Quote

I'll second that! [beer]

He is a busy guy, so if he doesnt get back to you right away just understand that he has a lot of stuff going on because he's a good guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Pete is awesome to deal with. Good communication and turn around time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check out Pete in N.H. or Robert & Donny at [url]www.sableco.net[/url]
View Quote

SableCo lists stripped lowers for only $95.00  But be prepaired to wait for supply to catch up with demand. I ordered mine one long month ago and still have yet to receive it.  Thier communication skills are not the best either.
View Quote

Never had a problem with them and been dealing with them since Donny opened up..I think the transition to their new store and merger had a few hiccups..

One reason I like Sable Co is that Donny & Robert have buds in RR and are only a few minutes away..and visit the factory frequently...I get some interesting inside info and have access to RR through SableCo due to their proximity I wouldnt otherwise have..

BTW I'm not shy about reporting bad experiences with people...got ripped off by paint ball dealer here who IMd me with a good deal ...took my nephew for $110

Sable Co has always given us excellent honest service..If that is ever not the case ..I will let you know..

Homie dont shill.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
My Legal Pete/RRA M4forgery has a great matching finish and is as tight as my 92FS. Very, very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have Colt, Bushmaster, ASA and Rock River lowers. The trigger on the RRA was the best.
The finish on the receiver was cloudy, but I ceaned it up by rubbing with Rem Oil and the maganese phosphate was excellent once I cleaned it up.  The stock came with oil spots on it which made it look ratty. I used Armorall (the car detaining plastic cleaner-conditioner)to clean the stock.  The Armorall left a really nice dark finish on the stock. You can use it on the handguards too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Careful with that Armor-All.  Could make the HGs slippery.  (It sure makes floormats slippery...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top