Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:38:33 PM EDT
Has anyone heard if there's a confirmed shipping date for the XCR? From what I've read it sounded like sometime mid February but I haven't seen any posts lately regarding a ship date. I've emailed RobArms numerous times and I'm yet to get a response. Anyone else have any better luck? Thanks in advance for any info!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:40:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jgroh:
Has anyone heard if there's a confirmed shipping date for the XCR? From what I've read it sounded like sometime mid February but I haven't seen any posts lately regarding a ship date. I've emailed RobArms numerous times and I'm yet to get a response. Anyone else have any better luck? Thanks in advance for any info!

It has been two weeks for over a year now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:13:52 PM EDT
Robinson what?

Seriously, I hope it's soon as I'd like to see how these rifles perform.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:16:49 PM EDT

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:46:56 PM EDT
Just because it accepts AR mags doesnt mean its an AR.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:40:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dace:

Not necessarily a bad thing in some respects.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:46:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

It is when this is AR tech.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:45:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

It is when this is AR tech.

Touche!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:05:22 AM EDT
Robinson is at the show

Surprised no one has reported back on the XCR

It would be a good time to be getting some buzz on the gun
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:51:50 AM EDT
I think Robison xcr, HK civi ump, Shrike, the easter bunny and santa will show at the same time at Micheal jacksons house with micheals old nose at same time. LOL
chris
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:35:01 AM EDT
I think Robinson Arms needs to be hit with the "project management clue bat", and HARD.

I cannot believe how anyone thinks it's OK to string along their customers for so long. Blaming suppliers is LAME. Any company who knows what they are doing MANAGE their suppliers. They don't send them a set of prints to make parts. If you need to, you live with that supplier to make sure they meet their commitments in all respects.

If a company can't or won't do that, they are not ready to play with the big boys.

If this SIG 556 comes in retail at the $1200 to $1400 mark, Robinson Arms will be history.

Already their biggest cheerleader here (Variablebinary) has jumped on the 556 bandwagon.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:20:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:
If a company can't or won't do that, they are not ready to play with the big boys.

I think that is it. I take a lot of money to get production up and running, and since I haven't heard of Robinson producing anything other than the XCR, I would suspect they don't have the funds to properly get into production........my big fat 2 cents.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:41:19 AM EDT
Hmmm, I don't know. I've dealt with them a couple of times and if their rifle is like their customer support, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 feet pole

- Ice
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:47:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HotIce:
Hmmm, I don't know. I've dealt with them a couple of times and if their rifle is like their customer support, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 feet pole

- Ice

obviously, they would not let us anyway as its been over a yr, and the "soon to be realeased" XCR is still in purgatory
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:17:41 AM EDT
I've met Alex and I know a couple of guys that work at Robarms. Good people. I've played with the XCR a few times times. Really good gun...

...but they dropped the ball big time and the window is now closed for the XCR

Between the PS90, 556, FS2000, Piston Colts, FN/SCAR etc etc, where is the XCR supposed to fit in.

Not to mention all those other guns are made by companies with outstanding track records in firearms design, while robarms has nothing but a buggy m96 on its resume.

Search my previous robinson threads and you'll know that I am a supporter, They fucked up big time and there is no one to blame but themselves.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:28:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Variablebinary:
I've met Alex and I know a couple of guys that work at Robarms. Good people.

You quickly learn in business that good people does mean they will be good (or bad) businessmen.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:45:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chrisva:
I think Robison xcr, HK civi ump, Shrike, the easter bunny and santa will show at the same time at Micheal jacksons house with micheals old nose at same time. LOL
chris

I'm sure they will arrive in a US Army Comanche helicopter...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 1:58:11 PM EDT by ian187]

Originally Posted By Variablebinary:

Between the PS90, 556, FS2000, Piston Colts, FN/SCAR etc etc, where is the XCR supposed to fit in.

You either have a short memory or it is very selective. All of the firearms you listed were announced well over a year ago and as of right this very second only the PS90 is for sale.

PS90 - officially announced SHOT '05 but unofficially announced SHOT '04

FS2000 - officially announced SHOT '05 but unofficially announced SHOT '04(Still not available)

556 - Officially announced SHOT '06 but unofficially announced at SHOT '03 as 551 Civy (still not available and no longer a 550/1/2)

Piston Colt - Officially announced SHOT '06 but unofficially announced in the 1970's. (Still not available)

FN/SCAR - NEVER officially announced for civy sales and only mild speculation if it is ever mass produced. (Not available)

XCR - Officially announced at SHOT '05 (Still not available)

Where does the XCR fit in? Between the Shrike, the LW MRS, The FS2000, the ARES Piston kit, Todd Bailey's AR beltfed upper, the SCAR, the 556, and what ever else that has been announced but may never be for sale.

Top Top