Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 11:06:31 AM EDT

Anyone have any info regarding the Robinson XCR Carbine?  Are these things going to take off or are they just another flash in the pan?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
They should take off, essentially a gas-piston AR-15 for about the price of anyone elses gas-piston upper.  Some people will talk bad of Robarm, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I will have one in 6.8mm SPC , if no other reason than for the exclusivity.  Still, a fine weapon by any measure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like that magazine well is removable.  If so then it would be even more modular than the AR15.  Put a telestock on it and I'd really consider getting one.

I wonder if they'll put out a kit so you can use AK magazines/7.62x39?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It looks like that magazine well is removable.  If so then it would be even more modular than the AR15.  Put a telestock on it and I'd really consider getting one.

I wonder if they'll put out a kit so you can use AK magazines/7.62x39?

According to their website a 7.62x39 conversion kit is planned and currently being tested.  They have videos of the 5.56 and 7.62x39 guns in action.

www.robarm.com

I have to admit, this thing looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not ROBAR, they make precision rifles.  If is ROBARM or Robinson Armament.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its not ROBAR, they make precision rifles.  If is ROBARM or Robinson Armament.

Matt

Sorry Typo
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I must admit, If I wasn't scrounging up money to build my first AR, I'd be saving every penny for one of those. henhug.gif
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm on Robinsons waiting list for the XCR and I have not heard a single word from them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm on Robinsons waiting list for the XCR and I have not heard a single word from them.

I was afraid of that

Off the subject a bit:  What is the story with those m96 rifles they make?  They look similar in design to the XCR.  I wonder if any of the parts interchange between these two rifles.  That m96 looks pretty cool too.  Anyone own one of these?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was afraid of that

Off the subject a bit:  What is the story with those m96 rifles they make?  They look similar in design to the XCR.  I wonder if any of the parts interchange between these two rifles.  That m96 looks pretty cool too.  Anyone own one of these?

Robarm has always had trouble with devising upgrades to the M96 and, with the craze being the XCR, Robarm has raised prices and reduced production of the M96.  Alex Robinson himself said on another forum that the M96 may soon become a collector's item.  Check out www.m96.org for more info.

-Justin
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Off the subject a bit:  What is the story with those m96 rifles they make?  They look similar in design to the XCR.

All I can say is I didn't care for the ergonomics. Reaching the safety was a PITA for me.  The XCR looks like they fixed this issue.  Definately looks promising 5.56, 7.62x39, and 6.8 - that would be slick.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I get updates from Rob Arms every week since they are local, and I know quite a few LEO suppliers that take trips to their factory regularly to negotiate orders and play with the XCR. I've had a chance to hold it a few times and examine it after it’s been shot. Never shot it though

Rob Arms is beefing up the design to make it more durable, and testing the hell out of the XCR so it doesn’t have any bugs like the early M96 rifles. They expect first orders to be filled in May, but given the number of orders, you could be waiting till July depending on where you are on the list.

I'm also willing to speculate that Rob Arms is improving the gun for the next series of rifle trials to replace the M16. I hear they are peeved over the SCAR defeat and want another shot at a fat contract

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm also on the list, first they said April but last week they told me mid summer. I'm completely bummed but I must have it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top