Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 6:47:07 AM EDT
What kind of rings should I get for a Bushmaster Varminter Rifle flat-top and a Bushnell 4200 6-24x40 scope?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:45:14 PM EDT
I've had good results with the Armalite aluminum one piece mount ($90). I have a 2.5-10 Elite 4200 on my flat-top with this system, height is just right.

Also, Leupold does some very nice quick release Weaver style rings which are steel and about half the price of the Armalite mount. Not sure what height you would need though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:38:08 PM EDT
I just bought a varminter and have a Bushnell 4200 6-24 order pending.  I opted for the Armalite 1 piece.  The general consenses was that this is by far the best.  Zeroes back after removal, STURDY, well machined (no need for lapping).  And just a good mount.  Got mine a few days ago, haven't mounted it up (had to send my upper back for repairs) but it looks and feels great.  

Hope this helps.

Gundraw

P.S. Good choice on the optics, I can't WAIT to get a look through mine.  Almost all who have used them say they are sweeet.  I hope they're right.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:50:38 PM EDT
Thanks guys, for the advise. Sounds like the Armalite is the winner. Where does one purchase said mount?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:17:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mysmiley:
Thanks guys, for the advise. Sounds like the Armalite is the winner. Where does one purchase said mount?
View Quote

Hi guy,

Scope out the Industry forum........gots lotsa good people willing to sell you the stuff you need at good prices.  
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=2[/url]

Dave S
Top Top