Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 8:25:56 AM EDT
Anybody know gunsmith(s) that use the John Norrells moly resin SOCOM product in the southeast? I live in SC.

Thanks in advance,
JS
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:43:42 AM EDT
I know of a couple of gunsmiths that use Norrell's moly resin finishes---Mike Klos in Missouri and Scott Bell in Arkansas. Both have very high reputations. Sadly, neither are in the vicinity you specified.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:17:38 PM EDT
Thanks for your message. I would appreciate your sending me contact information for both gunsmiths. They are closer to me than the other recommendations I have received.

Thanks very much!!!

JS
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:34:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2003 1:35:38 PM EDT by M4Madness]
John Norrell--[url]www.johnnorrellarms.com[/url]

Mike Klos--[url]www.american-manufacture.com[/url]

Scott Bell---[url=http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=2991&query=retrieval]Refinishing Service[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:46:14 PM EDT
I sent some mags out and had John Norrell refinish them in his black satin ( HK finish ). All of the mags were new Center Mfg., and drop free in my rifle. When I got them back, ( took about a month ) two no longer dropped free, and one had visable runs in the finish.

Don't want to bash, but I was'nt happy with the outcome. ( If you want to see pics let me know )

I'd go Duracoat.

KZ
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:27:10 PM EDT
I sent my Colt to Johns for refinishing and I was very pleased. I E-mailed him in advance to set things up and it only took three weeks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:40:07 PM EDT
Thanks for all of your input. I appreciate your comments.

JS
Top Top