Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2003 8:25:56 AM EDT
Anybody know gunsmith(s) that use the John Norrells moly resin SOCOM product in the southeast? I live in SC.

Thanks in advance,
JS
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I know of a couple of gunsmiths that use Norrell's moly resin finishes---Mike Klos in Missouri and Scott Bell in Arkansas. Both have very high reputations. Sadly, neither are in the vicinity you specified.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your message. I would appreciate your sending me contact information for both gunsmiths. They are closer to me than the other recommendations I have received.

Thanks very much!!!

JS
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
John Norrell--[url]www.johnnorrellarms.com[/url]

Mike Klos--[url]www.american-manufacture.com[/url]

Scott Bell---[url=http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=2991&query=retrieval]Refinishing Service[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent some mags out and had John Norrell refinish them in his black satin ( HK finish ). All of the mags were new Center Mfg., and drop free in my rifle. When I got them back, ( took about a month ) two no longer dropped free, and one had visable runs in the finish.

Don't want to bash, but I was'nt happy with the outcome. ( If you want to see pics let me know )

I'd go Duracoat.

KZ
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent my Colt to Johns for refinishing and I was very pleased. I E-mailed him in advance to set things up and it only took three weeks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of your input. I appreciate your comments.

JS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top