I'm looking for a decent rifle case to carry my new AR to the range. I want a good one as I will use it for a few of my rifles, but only one at a time. Been looking at the Drago 36" single case. I really like this one because of the backpack straps and I can get a good deal on it here in my town. Just wondering if there are any others out there that I'm missing? The main thing I'm looking for is ease of carry. I've had one of those typical cheap black "tactical " bags and it just doesn't cut it. Thanks.
Consider spending the money for a Pelican 1720 case. Durable, lockable and waterproof.
Buy once cry once.
I,ve got this company's double rifle case but they make all styles.
A most excellent case that I provide here just to expand your options and one that I personally think more rugged than Pelican.
I bought the Drago. It was my first tactical case, I just used a hard sided two gun case before I bought this.
- The pockets. Lots of pockets for magazines, ammo, binoculars, just about everything
- There are also two internal pockets that velcro closed that I use to carry pistols to the range in the same bag. I just clear them and lock the slides back and slide them in
- The extra quick detach straps around the pockets and the top openings.
- Velcro straps to secure the rifle. Seem to be in the perfect place for me.
- Good materials
- Zippers are fine so far.
- That I cannot remove the backpack shoulder straps
- That I have not found a way to secure them where they don't flop around everywhere.
If the back pack straps were detachable or had a place to slide them into a pocket I would call this about perfect for me.
I usually just carry it like a brief case and have not found the shoulder straps useful. I guess the next time I have to carry a box of something (ammo, steel targets, etc) the backpack straps will come in handy.
I paid around $50 on clearance and thought I got a great deal.