Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2013 9:08:37 AM EDT
I recently installed blue Sprinco buffer springs from tacticalsprings.com in two rifles.

The first is a RRA 16" midlength with chrome lined barrel that I had ADCO turn down the barrel under the handguards to .625" about 10 years ago. It always shot hard and threw brass nearly directly forward. I first tried a Spike's Tactical ST-2 buffer and then a ST-3 buffer in it and it got better each time but it still shot too hard and threw brass forward. I decided to try a Sprinco blue buffer spring. Wow, what a difference. I still have the ST-3 buffer in it and I cannot believe how soft it shoots while functioning with 100% reliability. It now drops the brass in a nice little pile at about 3-4 o'clock.

The rifle:

The other rifle I put a blue spring in is my most recent build. It has a ST-2 buffer in it and had a good ejection pattern but I thought it could shoot a little softer. The blue spring helped out quite a bit here also. The rifle still functions perfectly but shoots softer.

Overall I am happy with these springs and I highly recommend them if you want to soften up the functioning of your rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tested several brands and type of ammo to ensure 100% reliability ?
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Blue in a few of my 14.5" rifles.  I do like them.

I have actually tried everything from Wolf steel cased, to some match ammo, and the rifles cycle great.  H2s in the carbine length, and H in the middys.

I run Whites in my 16" middys.

I bought my first Wolf X Power spring for my DD carbine 14.5, and it is very similar, for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tested several brands and type of ammo to ensure 100% reliability ?
View Quote

Yes, I have tried all the ammo I shoot. Even the lightest handloads I load function and lock the bolt open reliably.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I run the SpringCo blue in several of my rifles as well.  100% reliable with even softer ammo.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Who's a good vendor to pick one up from (reasonable shipping)?
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who's a good vendor to pick one up from (reasonable shipping)?
View Quote

I purchased mine directly from Sprinco. Shipping was a little high so I added a few springs I would eventually need for a few of my 1911s to make it more reasonable.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top