Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2016 9:24:55 PM EDT
That's the short version of it    Bulldog Cases Ultra Compact-Inch Ar-15 Navy Discreet Carry Case (29-Inch) is the proper title from Amazon.

Anyhow, I've owned a few bulldog cases and they are simple but solid bits of kit for the money.  I paid ~$27 about 3 weeks ago for this on Amazon and have been very happy with it.  The outside is a nylon canvas that feels solid, with good stitching.  I wouldn't rate it as high end as the maxpedition canvas, but for the money it is good.  No logos other than a very small (and removable) Bulldog tag show on the outside of the case.  The zippers are strong and well sewn into the material, so no worries about accidentally screwing up a zipper.

Inside is felt (or other soft fabric) lined over some pretty thick foam padding.   One side will easily fit a 16" upper with accessories/optics, while the other will hold a lower and 2 mags in pouches sewn into the divider.  With a collapsable stock, everything will fit perfect next to the mags.  A2 stocks tend to overlap the mags and may scratch.  Considering it is krylon, I'm not too worried, but it was worth mentioning.

All in all, I give it a 8.5/10 rating.  I wouldn't carry it to war, but as a to and from the range/hunting bag it'll do great.  At some point, I'll be looking into attaching velcro straps or similar inside to hold stuff a bit better, but it is perfectly functional as is.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-great quality for the price
-discreet, looks like a tool or sports bag
-well padded
-no "tacticool" stuff on it

Cons:
-no banding or covers for the mag sleeves so they can slide out or lower bangs on them IF you get rough with it.
-no strap loops to make it easier to carry.  Not a necessity but would have been nice.
-only available in navy blue
-no retention inside the case other than the foam molding to the rifle

Mag for size reference.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang for $30 that's a great deal!  Thanks for the write up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang for $30 that's a great deal!  Thanks for the write up.
View Quote

No problem bulldog does great stuff for the price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine!

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Do the zippers allow for a lock?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do the zippers allow for a lock?
View Quote

If it has a smaller hasp, it'll fit fine.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top