Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 2:21:11 PM EDT
Well the AW ban has sunset and the AR pistol is one projects that I have long looked forward to.

Has anyone got one of the recievers from cmmg? How did the stock tube, trigger parts, etc all fit? I can't tell mang from the page but it looks like a 'bear' engraving on the side...

I'm going to enventually slap an oa-93 upper on it.

Thanks for any information,

Dave
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't find the lower you are talking about on thier site.  Everything I find is DPMS.  If it is a DPMS that you are talking about, it is a Panther on the side.  You can get a better pic of it on the DPMS website.  www.dpmsinc.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the first listing under the firearms section. The picture is clearly a Grizzly lower receiver. The markings, to the best I can decipher, read:

Bear engraving
SN# LY0004XX
CAL. 223-5.56 (then something small I can't make out
MOD. Grizzly-192.1X (can't quite read the last part).

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Got some more info on these today. Thanks for the details on the markings DavidC!

My understanding is that these lowers are being logged in their books as PISTOLS and will ship to the FFL as PISTOLS and the 4473 will say PISTOLS. I have verified with CMMG that this is all correct. One note I will make is that these lowers are not marked pistol on the receiver, just the paperwork itself says 'pistol'.

From what I understand of the law if these are transfered as PISTOLS they CAN NOT be built into rifles. I can see pro's and con's to this, one pro being for future legal reference as to the legitimacy of an AR-15 "pistol" if future legislation effects them. One con being that because it is logged as a 'pistol' you can't just throw on a stock and a rifle upper on it whenever you want.

If the sunset allows recievers to be made into pistols I'm not sure what the advantage to having a reciever LOGGED as a pistol would be...

Any ideas on this guys?

FS
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's a pistol it can be converted to a rifle, and back to a pistol. Howvever, it has to be a pistol first.

A rifle reciever can not be converted to a pistol, once it has ben assembled in rifle form.

My admittedly paranoid plans can be found here.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info and link DC. I'll check it out and get more edubikated.

FS
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If it's a pistol it can be converted to a rifle, and back to a pistol. Howvever, it has to be a pistol first.

A rifle reciever can not be converted to a pistol, once it has ben assembled in rifle form.

My admittedly paranoid plans can be found here.

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top