Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:55:52 PM EDT
I want to say "thank you" to all of you who extended the "unwritten courtesy" of not bidding against me on that 601 PG on GB..Thank you guys. I have been outbid and am NOT going any higher.Soooo,if anyone is still interested but was holding back,,please feel free to "go for it",,and again I thank those who did not bid against me.. Good luck...
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328681392
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You REALLY want that thing ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $60 for a nice green one a few weeks ago, so that is not bad...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping you were going to get it.  

It would appear the high bidder has been busy lately buying stuff...must have some deep pockets.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
M1sniper what is a fair price for that grip ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Id like it myself but would just use it for another off the wall SBR.

For my needs, I can use a replica brown grip and crimp my own sling loop in it, and cercoat it green.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
M1sniper what is a fair price for that grip ?

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I thinK this guy may have a shil bidder on his side! This is the same guy R***2 who raised the bid on the edgewater I bought. Also he one the old triangle charging handle and then it was relisted after he one about a min later. The seller claimes that he had 2? The item I won is very nice but something doesnt seem right! The only thing is the second one sold for less......I dont know! I guess it could be a sniper but oh well thats what auctions are like nobody forces you to over bid.
listing 1
listing 2
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:01:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thinK this guy may have a shil bidder on his side! This is the same guy R***2 who raised the bid on the edgewater I bought. Also he one the old triangle charging handle and then it was relisted after he one about a min later. The seller claimes that he had 2? The item I won is very nice but something doesnt seem right! The only thing is the second one sold for less......I dont know! I guess it could be a sniper but oh well thats what auctions are like nobody forces you to over bid.
listing 1
listing 2

I was lucky enough to win the second one.
It should be here by the end of the week and in the rifle a few minutes after I open the box
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]
To answer those who ask "what's a fair price",,, Well,here's my version and I'm sticking to it. When it comes to 601 and 602 specific parts,there is no "fair market value" . Parts are worth what a builder is willing to sink into their build.I have learned here in retroland that builds go in cycles. Right now 601s and guys trying to finish off their prototypes seem to be the hot item. Next month it may be guys doing carbines again,,,then after that 605s ,,and so on.
When I joined,XM177E2s were the RAGE and that's when polyvinyl acetate stocks with 2 position tubes went thru the roof,,then 601s for a short time,,then suddenly 602s.Sooo,,to me,,well I'm not in NEED of that grip,,I was willing to go $45 on that grip as it is in real nice shape and would go nice with a spare B stock I have on the way.But I don't NEED it.
There may be members here who do NEED one,so I wanted to give a couple of days notice for them to decide just how BAD they need it and let them go from there.
For the record,I'm still chasing the bolt stop,and should I decide to drop out,I'll be posting it as well.  RETROLAND KNUCKLEHEADS RULE<<<<< To prove my point,I have 2 IMs and 1 email from members offering me 601 grips.. As much as I'd love to "grab -em-all", I'm not greedy,just want (NOT NEED) one nice one to go with the B stock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For the record,I'm still chasing the bolt stop,and should I decide to drop out,I'll be posting it as well.  RETROLAND KNUCKLEHEADS RULE<<<<< To prove my point,I have 2 IMs and 1 email from members offering me 601 grips.. As much as I'd love to "grab -em-all", I'm not greedy,just want (NOT NEED) one nice one to go with the B stock.

And that right there is Retro Land in short. Proud to be a member.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]
It did look better at $18 than at $45.  Heck even if all the retroland members lay off there's still quite a lot of viewers looking at the GB items.  Right now people are paying three times what most the M-16 parts will ever be worth and rather quickly.  Frenzy really doesn't include the 01-02 stuff either which as stated has a market all it's own.  Appears like it worked out for you anyway.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Pm sent

Also, what's the deal on the sling swivel? I've only seen them on grips made in Asia (i.e. PI) and I would think they'd be impractical for anything but a noise maker.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
In fact I had one on my first build in 1984 and cut it off with bolt cutters.  The grip was A2 style but was considerably shorter, very shiny and had a plastic trap door that dropped in and out.  I may have bought it from Parallax?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In fact I had one on my first build in 1984 and cut it off with bolt cutters.  The grip was A2 style but was considerably shorter, very shiny and had a plastic trap door that dropped in and out.  I may have bought it from Parallax?

Paragon Technologies ....?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#15]
It was a military mail order place out of Illinois (I think).  Long gone now for well over two decades.   I used to read their catalog for hours as a teenager.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pm sent

Also, what's the deal on the sling swivel? I've only seen them on grips made in Asia (i.e. PI) and I would think they'd be impractical for anything but a noise maker.

No "deal" on the swivel,,something someone prolly just added. There are some very early 601s (with brown furniture) or perhaps it was the prototype M16s(I forget offhand) that did have a swivel mounted on the PG.I'd have to refer back to RBR book to confirm which model.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
listing 1
listing 2

i've done business with rsm2, he's legit.  i think just new to the hobby and wants his parts now
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
listing 1
listing 2

i've done business with rsm2, he's legit.  i think just new to the hobby and wants his parts now

Its good to hear...I wanted that part or i wouldnt have paid so much!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
listing 1
listing 2

Its good to hear...I wanted that part or i wouldnt have paid so much!

yeah the old timers here have seen new guys come and buy up everything in sight for their builds.  some have joined here and stuck around, others finished their builds and are never to be heard from again

the panic + retro interest = deep pockets for the harder to find stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top