Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 7:04:35 PM EDT
Fellow Members,

I live in New Orleans, or at least what used to be New Orleans, and my best friend is a local police officer, and I am posting this thread at his request. The city of New Orleans and it's surrounding parishes have become a practical war zone. For the people left inside the city, all that's left is survival which is getting harder by the day. The police officers have been allowed to use any personal weapons they have to protect themselves with and attempt to retain order.

Now, the reason for the post. Once his personal ammo runs out, that's it. We'd buy ammo for him, but all of the local sporting good stores, gun stores, and walmart are all completely sold out, aside from the fact that we have no way to access our bank accounts because our banks are now under 12-25 feet of water.

If there are any people and/or ammo dealers out there that would be interested in sending a fellow police officer in need some replacement ammo, he'd greatly appreciate it.

Ammo he's looking for is .223/5.56, and 12 gauge slugs/00 buck shot

Also, pretty much the entire dept. is using Surefire lights and are in need of batteries.

If you or anyone you know might be able to help, please PM me and I will send you the shipping address.

Thank you very much in advance.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Seriously, exactly how in the heck is it going to get to someone in a devestated flooded zone? I doubt fed ex, UPS or the USPS is doing any deliveries.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am living right outside of New Orleans in Baton Rouge. They are getting 12 hours off every couple days to do whatever they want, and he comes here during that time off. The items can be shipped to me in Baton Rouge, and he will pick it up from me and bring it back for him and his coworkers to use.

I know this is a really off the wall request, but I wouldn't ask if we didn't need it.  Nobody has to do anything they don't want to do, I'm just asking in case someone could possibly help, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL.  sending ammo down there to anonymous folks-no.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#4]
This is especially strange given the news reports that the police themselves removed all the ammo from the Wal-Marts and such to "avoid it ending up on the street."

No, I don't think I will be sending more ammo down there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have asked the mods to remove this thread since it's obvious that it has come across completely wrong. This was a sincere request from a fellow AR member and police officer in need. I have lost everything, and don't even have any guns anymore. My entire gun collection is under 20 feet of water, so I assure you that this is not a scam of any kind. Regardless, like I said, he thought he would find help on this board which is why he asked me to post this thread. I will just tell him that nobody believed me, and leave it at that.

By the way, they have not removed any ammo of any kind from any businesses, and are actually protecting them from being vandalized. The only store the COP has authorized them to take over was a local grocery so they would have things to eat and such.

Again, I'm sorry I even asked because I feel like you guys are thinking I'm trying to scam free ammo, and this is certainly not the case.

We are just going to go to the distributors and manufacturers for help in this matter, which is where we should have gone in the first place. Sorry I bothered you guys.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have asked the mods to remove this thread since it's obvious that it has come across completely wrong. This was a sincere request from a fellow AR member and police officer in need. I have lost everything, and don't even have any guns anymore. My entire gun collection is under 20 feet of water, so I assure you that this is not a scam of any kind. Regardless, like I said, he thought he would find help on this board which is why he asked me to post this thread. I will just tell him that nobody believed me, and leave it at that.

By the way, they have not removed any ammo of any kind from any businesses, and are actually protecting them from being vandalized. The only store the COP has authorized them to take over was a local grocery so they would have things to eat and such.

Again, I'm sorry I even asked because I feel like you guys are thinking I'm trying to scam free ammo, and this is certainly not the case.

We are just going to go to the distributors and manufacturers for help in this matter, which is where we should have gone in the first place. Sorry I bothered you guys.

Surely as an officer you will realize that one has to be careful about such things.

CNN is reporting that the police in NO and elsewhere were themselves removing all the ammo from stores in order to prevent it from falling into the hands of looters.  (Loot before it can be looted!)  To wit:

Police were reduced to looting ammunition from stores themselves, to keep it off the streets.

www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/02/katrina.response/index.html

This makes it hard for me to think that ammo is scarce in NO for the police.

If I'm wrong, show me I'm wrong.  Then I probably WOULD send ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Locked at request of author
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top