Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2010 10:45:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2010 2:14:43 PM EDT by ScrapHeap]
I'm looking for another stripped lower, and one of my locals has only a third of his LRB lowers in stock left, $106 out the door. So far, I've heard no real complaints, but nothing stellar either. Is the quality and uniformity of machining good, or is it a gamble?

I did a search, but nothing came up.

http://lrbarms.com/m15sareceivers.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:07:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2010 11:43:10 AM EDT by mathecb]
They make excellent stuff. The best M1A M14 parts you can get. I have never seen bad comment about their lowers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:08:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2010 11:08:35 AM EDT by cmeyer001]
http://www.lrbarms.com/m15sareceivers.html

His cost is probably 57 bones....

offer him a little less....
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:23:16 AM EDT
I can't speak to their consistancy, but the one I have is well made (and pmags drop free). I paid around $80 for it about a year ago.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:30:24 AM EDT
Thank you gentlemen, it looks like I'll be picking it up when I can.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:36:05 AM EDT
The Rolls Royce of M1A receivers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:49:18 AM EDT
I have built up three, never an issue. Best rollmark in the industry to my eye. I got mine for $75 a piece. You can find them in that range still, in fact there was an overrun by LRB of M14TFL receivers that were going cheap! They look and function great!

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 12:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2010 12:35:54 PM EDT by panzersergeant]
I got mine earlier this year for $79 apiece. I built one using a Spikes upper and the othe using a J&T. Both came out real good.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 1:02:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
I got mine earlier this year for $79 apiece. I built one using a Spikes upper and the othe using a J&T. Both came out real good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/panzersergeant/LRB%20lower%20receiver/Lrbwithsn.jpg

awfully low serial number. i like. theyre machined about a mile from my house in seymour.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:10:22 PM EDT
very good, never an issue.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:57:20 PM EDT
I've got two, low SNs but not as low as P-SGT's.
Very good fit and finish, no problems at all and nothing out of spec. I'd have no problem at all buying more of them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:09:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostman518:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/panzersergeant/LRB%20lower%20receiver/Lrbwithsn.jpg

awfully low serial number. i like. theyre machined about a mile from my house in seymour.

Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Very good fit and finish, no problems at all and nothing out of spec. I'd have no problem at all buying more of them.

Although they are sequential only the last two numbers are actual. They are really 4-digit SNs. Opsec and all that ya' know.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:13:12 PM EDT
There was a small gun shop in Miami selling them for $79 at pretty much the peak of the panic buying. They took out some adds in shotgun news and it was advertised on a few forums. I got a few of them because they were about $100 cheaper than most other lowers at the time.

I would say that they are a good brand. Actually someone posted some pics of theirs, and you will notice the flashing on the trigger well. It is pretty rough and they could definitely do a better job of smoothing that out. And it isnt the fact that there is flashing, as most receivers have flash. Rather it is the fact that it isnt very smooth and it is easy to catch a glove or something on it. Aside from that, I think they have been pretty nice. As far as color goes mine are a very light gray and they tend to be much lighter than most other lower receivers that Ive had.

On a side note though, while the flashing on the trigger well is all sorts of crappy, it seems to be better and smoother in other areas. I actually had a thread about a year or so ago where I posted pics comparing them to a Spikes Tactical. I had side by side photos. It really surprised me that it was so nice and smooth in some places but they left the trigger well like that. And it wasnt just my 3, but a buddies as well. And from what I can tell, it is the same on the photos in this thread.

Bottom line is that I think they are a good receiver functionally. But would I take an LRB for $106 over say a $106 Spikes, Del-Ton, Mega, Stag, No.

Now, if they have figured out a way to fix that flashing on the trigger well it would be another story as then I would hold it on even par with others.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:34:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2010 5:37:06 AM EDT by m24shooter]

Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Although they are sequential only the last two numbers are actual. They are really 4-digit SNs. Opsec and all that ya' know.

I'm tracking.
Then mine are lower. I got sequential numbers as well.
I bought mine based on their reputation with M1As. I was not disappointed.

Originally Posted By Thos25:Actually someone posted some pics of theirs, and you will notice the flashing on the trigger well. It is pretty rough and they could definitely do a better job of smoothing that out. And it isnt the fact that there is flashing, as most receivers have flash. Rather it is the fact that it isnt very smooth and it is easy to catch a glove or something on it. Aside from that, I think they have been pretty nice. As far as color goes mine are a very light gray and they tend to be much lighter than most other lower receivers that Ive had.

Mine might have just been from a different lot, but I don't think they have that issue. Or at least I haven't had any problem with snagging a glove or roughing up a finger with mine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:53:42 AM EDT
I think they're good mil spec lowers, no fancy finish, just work well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:22:13 PM EDT
Well I stopped by today and picked it up, walked out the door, this county doesn't have a waiting period.

I was able to pick out a nice one, and I ripped out an RRA LPK out of another lower, and it's just amazing!

In the original lower, the trigger had travel with some grit before a clean break, this LRB practically transformed it into a hairline trigger! Zero travel, absolutely zero, just pull and it breaks immediately.

I likes it.

Camera is down though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:36:05 PM EDT
Glad you like it. I just built up an A4 from spare parts this morning using an LRB lower.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:37:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 4:38:42 AM EDT by Skeet6]

I have a few of them from a 3-4 years ago with 4 digit SN#'s, 100X, with NO leading zero's, so not too sure about how they are working that. They are excellent in every way, one of them has been used in HP competition for 2 years now, and is my main rifle.

Mike B
Top Top