Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 3:43:29 PM EDT
What is the general reputation of a LAR AR15?  I have searched the site and I have had difficulty locating any information about them one way or another?

Are they a complete piece of crap that will cause me nothing but trouble or are they generally regarded as good firearms with a good reputation?

I have a friend who is looking at acquiring one used that has approximately 1,000 rounds through it, which indicates that it is functional, but he has asked me to find out more information about them, so I am turning to the hive mind to do so.

ETA:  Of course when I googled it using a differernt search term, I get several sites that seem to suggest that a LAR is a type of AR15, much like a SPR.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont believe LAR builds complete rifles. I know they make lowers and damn good ones at that but it's probably just a build on LAR lower. LAR nakes the L marked lowers for Bushy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
LAR-15 is Rock River Arms.  Search for them, you'll find out good things.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LAR-15 is Rock River Arms.  Search for them, you'll find out good things.

LAR is not RRA. LAR is a different company.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what I'm talking about

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
That is RRA's model #. LAR is a company that makes lowers. They use a grizzly logo. I would show you but I can't find the roll mark thread anymore.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
This was discussed recently in this thread:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=264097

This is what RRAMODERATOR says about it:

"LAR/LAR Grizzly is not associated with RRA, and, in turn, we are not associated with them.
The "LAR" in our model name "LAR-15" is a combination of AR (as in AR-15) and the last name of the LARson brothers who happen to own RRA.
Steve/RRA"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
YELLOWV, I get your point, we're just talking about different things.

eta: link for L.A.R. Manufacturing
http://www.largrizzly.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
YELLOWV, I get your point, we're just talking about different things.

eta: link for L.A.R. Manufacturing
http://www.largrizzly.com/index.htm

Made it hot
www.largrizzly.com/index.htm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top