Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2015 11:01:50 PM EDT
Since I'm going all out on my XM177 build I was wondering about reproduction markings on the barrel. Seeing as original barrels are like hen's teeth I'm using a modern Daniel Defense pencil barrel, I'm wondering if the MP markings could be reproduced.

Normally I wouldn't do something like that to avoid it being mistaken for the real deal in the future but considering it's chrome lined with M4 ramps and a 1/7 twist I'm not overly concerned.

Anyone tried this?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:29:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Do mean like this?   These were done with a 2 axis machine, but I'm working with a three axis machine now, and can have the engraving follow the curvature of the barrel..........they'll get better. I need to touch up the program to get the little flat at the top of the "M"

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
IM coming your way.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do mean like this?   These were done with a 2 axis machine, but I'm working with a three axis machine now, and can have the engraving follow the curvature of the barrel..........they'll get better. I need to touch up the program to get the little flat at the top of the "M"
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/P2150051_zpsrcidxhad.jpg
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/P1040390_zps1f8dc861.jpg
View Quote

awesome
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top