Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2003 9:32:45 AM EDT
I'm going to be replacing my postban 20"HBAR when the ban dies with a preban 20"A2 barrel. I would like a list of all the tools I need to do this. Also some good instructions on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a copy of the marine corps technical manual and to do it right you will need the vise blocks to hold the upper in and a good solid bench vise.A barrel wrench or more specificaly a tourque wrench because you can overtighten the barrel if not carefull and an assortmant of pin punches as you will need to remove the gas tube before anything.If you have never done this before seek out some one who has or buy an instructional video that goes step by step.Got my copy and tools from Bushmaster.With the right tools and instruction you will be set so I suggest the manual,video and the proper tools and chucks to hold your upper as well as lower if you are going to do it have the full spectrum of tools to build or take apart the entire rifle and dont forget the headspace gauges.I bought the complete armorers set from bushmaster and the video.The set has every tool needed as well as the tech manual.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]

You can start reading the -23 today... right click the link and select 'save target as'...

[url]www.ar15.com/content/books/TM9-1005-319-23.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
All the instructions you need to swap a barrel are [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=173151]here.[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the links and info. I have the vise, torque wrench, pin punches and the Bushmaster video. Looks like all I need is the armorer's wrench, the action clamp for the receiver, headspace gauges and the marine corps tech manual and that's all.

The guy in the bushmaster video put that barrel on in about 5 minutes. Looks EZ, Thanks guys!  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top