Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2010 4:42:01 PM EDT
I would like to replace my fore end and buttstock on my Sith and Wesson MP15 (plain AR). How do I know what stocks to get?  I believe that the buttstock is either mil or not and you measure the diameter of the buffer tube? And what length/type of fore end? I would like to have the option of adding a bipod and maybe a verticle grip. Another question I hate the pistol grip, which seams small waht do you recommend to get to get my trigger finger in a better position?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Stocks:  Measure the diameter of the extension.  Mil spec is 1.14, commercial is 1.17

Hand guards:  Carbine is about 7" between the receiver and the front sight post.  Mid is about 9".  Rifle is about 12".

MIAD grips are adjustable for size.

You can put a bipod on just about any hand guard, but of course rails or the ability to add rails is easier.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
m&p's have mil spec buffer tubes. and you have a 7" (carbine length handguard) .
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
A Pearce 1911 pistol grip and a G27 pistol grip are more of a hand full for a bigger grip. If you like the feel of an A1 grip an old Lone Star Ordnance pistol grip is a little bigger.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I favor the CAA UPG16 grips.  I have big hands and use both large straps.  Plus the rubber straps feel much better and offer a good grip surface.  Found they help on heavier ARs
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top