Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 1:39:47 PM EDT
Hi all. This is my first post here(newbe) I have a varminter with 24' bbl. and it's shot out, well it's going south in a hurry. I am looking for suggestions on a replacement. Should I just get another bushy bbl. or something else? I can still get 2-3 rounds out of 5 to connect @ 200 yds most of the time. Iv'e run about 5,000 rounds thru it .

Thanks   DD
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot out after only 5K rounds?  I have 3K through mine and I hope the same thing doesn't happen.  Sounds fishy.  Are you sure it's the barrel and not something else?

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
When I got my reloading press in July I measured the throat using a chamber all gage for the various bullets I would be reloading. I rechecked it last week to find that it has eroded .0315",  in that time I had shot about 1,300 rounds mostly short 55 grainers 2.2440"  (the extra leangth was a futile effort to reduce the amount of leade). So it looks like the end is comming just trying to pick a good replasement.  Thanks DD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top