Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 7:21:56 AM EDT
Do I just take a punch and drive it out? Is it that simple?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#1]
edit: delete
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is stuck enough that you need a punch, BE CAREFUL.  I did that on mine and the pivot pin detent did not release.  It was bent out of its hole in the receiver and I had to just cut the pivot pin to remove it.  I think the hole for the detent was too deep in my pin.  At lease they are cheap!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Not quite.  Pull your front take down pin all the way out.  There is a small hole in the top, use small punch and depress the retaining pin underneath.  Play with the depth until you can rotate the pin 90 degrees.  Pull your punch out and pull the take down pin out.  The is a retaining pin and spring under it, be carefull you don't loose them.  They are under pressure and will go flying.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
You need a tool to hold the detent down while you just pull it out.
The military manual shows you how to modify a small allen key
in its special tools section IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply's Gentleman, I'll give it a try tonight.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top