Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:05:26 AM EDT
So i just got my new stock in the mail.  The problem is i don't have the handy-dandy AR wrench to take off my old stock.  Not to mention the fact that i've never done this before.  

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:33:23 AM EDT
[#1]
HERE is a link showing how to install a Carbine stock.  You don't need the wrench shown in the pics but it helps tremendously.  You can usually buy the wrench for around $6.00.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Just buy the damn wrench, I don’t understand why people have to have the newest uber tactical equipment out there but refuse to buy a 3 dollar part needed for assembly. If you want to do a bubba job use a pair of channel locks and a piece of leather, or a screw driver and hammer, but you will probably end up marring the finish or damaging the locking ring.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
As stated, get the right tools.  If not, your next post will be in the troubleshooting forum, asking how to remove a dorked up receiver extension nut.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, point taken but in my rebuttal...
I'm in Iraq and at the time i ordered the stock my armorer had the proper tools, unfortunately the wrench has since myseriously dissapeared.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#5]
If your going from an A2 stock to an M4 stock you can do it your self with a rubber strap wrench, open end wrench or adjustable wrench and a punch and hammer, but I will go along with the others and recommend getting the “proper tools”.

Take it from a guy who suffered through looking at a gnarled up buffer tube nut till he got his hands on a replacement nut. I then picked up a wrench at the next fun show for $3.00!

Like any other hobby, it pays to invest in the tools.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok, point taken but in my rebuttal...
I'm in Iraq and at the time i ordered the stock my armorer had the proper tools, unfortunately the wrench has since myseriously dissapeared.

Even bigger point to doing the job right..........your life depends on it! Get the proper tools first, thanks for your service and stay safe!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, so i've ordered the wrench from RRA, now the painful 2 week wait for it to get here.  

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top