Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:58:59 AM EST
The uppers I currently own had the front swing swivels installed with roll pins. Removing the swivel from these is a simple matter of tapping them out with a pin punch. However, I'm awaiting delivery of my newest upper, which has the swivel installed with a rivet. I'll need to remove the swivel in order to install the Vltor CASV handguard system I've set aside for it. What's the best way to go about doing this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:10:07 AM EST
You can remove the rivet by filing away the flared end (which is the smaller end) witha small file. just remove enough material so that the flared end starts to break away, then you can use a 3/32 or a 1/8 dia. punch to drive out the rivet. PATRIOT ARMORY 07 FFL
Top Top