Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/7/2003 6:05:12 PM EDT
Okay, this time I'm gonna ask the questions BEFORE I start screwing things up. Sometime in the next several days, I'm going to install a RAS style float tube on my Model 1. It currently has a standard carbine length float tube.

After I get the front sight tower off and remove the gas tube, I'm gonna guess that the float tube is 2 pieces...the barrel nut part, and the actual tube part that must screw over the barrel nut part? (I'm assuming it's gotta work like the Hogue, even though I can't budge it by hand.)

If I have in fact guessed correctly, can I get the front part of the tube off with a strap wrench? The armorer's wrench has the 2 pins on the back side that fit the tube barrel nut, so I quess once I get that far, I just have to get the barrel nut loose).

Does this all sound right? Thanks again...I promise this'll be my last question tonight hehehe.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:59:00 PM EDT
Sounds about right...just be careful with that gas tube and roll pins...lol.
Top Top