Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:23:59 AM EDT
I recently bought a grizzly flattop and wanted to change over my parts from my A2 upper.  the dust cover assembly was easy, but the FA is being stubborn!  What am I doing wrong?  I have tried to drive out the roll pin from both the top and bottom.  All I've succeeded in doing is breaking and bending several punches.

Suggestions anyone?  I'd like to get this done as my barrel is comming back from the machinist (lighter and threaded) and I 'd like to build this baby up in celebration of the sunset.

thanks,

--usp_fan
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind,

Got it late last night.  The end of the pin had been belled by the installer.  It created quite the press fit.  

Now my parts are on the Grizzly upper and this A2 is headed to the equiptment exchange.

--usp_fan
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top