Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:59:44 PM EDT
Trying to remove the screw and the thing won't budge...looks like it has some sort of thread locker on it. Anyone else removed the sling swivel?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Turn harder.  

Not sure what tools you have, but using the right sized screwdriver can be pretty important with recalcitrant screws, you can bugger up a screw pretty bad by using the wrong size screwdriver.  

That being said, while they do have threadlocker on them, I've removed them before with a Gerber.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine's GONE.  I think I remember mine being a little gummy too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the big flat head that I use for the grip screws.  Never had a real stubborn one, but they are on there with red Lock-Tite sometimes.  It helps a lot to hold the sling loop part in a vice.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help. I had to use the flathead on my Leatherman to get enough leverage to get the screw loose.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top