Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 6:51:56 AM EDT
Anybody have any tips or tricks in removing this brake? I have a general idea but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks
DocW
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
subscribing...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeap just finish mine I cut  it in half with a die grinder then split it with a cold chissel, when I had it appart found out the pins are at 3 and 9 oclock,be careful ussing a die grinder or you cut up the barrel threads.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
was urs like a permanently attached muzzle brake ? thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
yes it was an AK type on a 14.5 barrel,the next step is to install the phantom fs and pin it perm for a total barrel lenth of  16.1" . Will up date  later due to work in progres
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yes it was an AK type on a 14.5 barrel,the next step is to install the phantom fs and pin it perm for a total barrel lenth of  16.1" . Will up date  later due to work in progres

wanna do the same...how difficult was that to remove that ak brake ? how many inches did you cut with the grinder?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#6]
NO NO NO inches no, just cut the ak brake just aft of the side openings to see better then measured the thickness of the brake at area just foward of the lock washer, then deduct the .50 for the barrel threded area + .10 for safety margin. After the math is done cut a grove at 6 and 12 oclock then using a hammer and a cold chissel break it in half. Now if you lucky to find the pins at 3 and 9 oclock then is just a matter of grinding the weld of and pulling the pins out and unscrew the brake,but 99% of the time is not that simpled
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input everyone. Can't wait to get started.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#8]
cool thanks...gotta go to sears pick up some cold chissels :)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top