Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2005 7:13:50 AM EDT
I want to replace the a2 flash hider on my Colt 6920 with a Phantom.  How difficult is it to remove the factory installed a2?   In particular, does Colt use anything to attach it such as locktite?   I have a barrel vise, and various wrenches, but do not own a torch should heat be required (which I will buy if needed).  Additionally, removing the stock on this rifle was a real bitch, and I’m hoping to be forewarned if removing the FH will also be time consuming.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn't have any thread lock on it. I don't know how tight the crush washer holds but it should come right off with what you have.

Right hand threads...righty tighty - lefty loosey.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Get a new washer before you put the new one on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Just to be idiot proof here, to remove it, I turn counter-clock-wise if I'm looking at the muzzle?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Just to be idiot proof here, to remove it, I turn counter-clock-wise if I'm looking at the muzzle?

Yes, just like a regular bolt.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top