Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 7:08:53 AM EDT
Hi there I'm new to the forum.  Just wondering if any of you guys know how to remove the pin that is holding the front sling swivel underneath the FSB just behind the bayonet lug.

http://tnrdgrnr.com/reviews/images/P0000874.jpg

The pin is the type shown in the picture and is not the type that you could simply punch through.  You will need to pull out from both side I don't know.  I have tried to remove them but it seems not coming off whatsoever.  

Could anyone of you help???

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually punch them out now.  But if the rivet looks like that on both sides then you need a drill press and drill the sucker out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine had the rivets on both sides, till I took a dremel to it.  If you don't have access to a drill press that is, it took me about 5 minutes to get it off.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Mine had the rivets on both sides, till I took a dremel to it.  If you don't have access to a drill press that is, it took me about 5 minutes to get it off.  

Rivets on both sides?  

Just punch it out, or drill the curl off the rivet.

FWIW = I drill out thousands of rivets a year.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...FWIW = I drill out thousands of rivets a year.

Just for fun
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just for fun

Part of his job.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just for fun

He HATES rivets!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top