Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:32:41 AM EDT
I'd like too install a winter trigger guard. Whats the easiest way to remove the stock trigger guard? Heat, silicon, nothing or just punch it out? Should it be removed only from one side or either side would work?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have yet to remove one, but I did install one recently. You just push on the detent pin (should be the one that is in front of the trigger) in and drop the trigger guard down, and then slide it off the roll pin (the one behind the trigger) (may have to use a little force).

Hope that helps.

Gene
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Use a roll pin punch and punch the pin out, I would uyse something to support the are being hammerd on until the pin starts to drift, after that just punch it out and release the detent on the front and there you go. Make sure when you install the new one, if useing a new roll pin to make sure it is in spec and put a little lube on it and support the trigger guard ears while you drive it in.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I just did this.

you want to make sure that before you remove the roll pin you support the "ears" that the roll pin attachs to. If not when you pound out the roll pin you could break them.

Just take a roll pin punch, which I am sure everyone has, and hammer it out. Remove trigger guard and replace with the new one. Just make sure you are still supporting the "ears" before install.

Good luck

I see someone just beat me to it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top