Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 7:49:15 AM EDT
I want to replace my collapsible M4 style butt stock ( the sliding part) off the extention tube with a Magpul CTR Moe.  But I can't seem to figure out how to get the old part off the tube.  I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'm asking anyway.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to replace my collapsible M4 style butt stock ( the sliding part) off the extention tube with a Magpul CTR Moe.  But I can't seem to figure out how to get the old part off the tube.  I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'm asking anyway.

On the adjustment handle, there should be a a spring loaded bolt there. Grab it with your hands and pull it down until it won't go any further. Then just slide the thing off there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats easy my friend

Make sure rifle is unloaded.
Extend your stock all the way out
Instead of squeezing up on the paddle that extends the stock, pull down on the bolt at the end of the paddle all the way and then slide it off
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks very much guys.  For some reason, I didn't think of that and didn't want to break anything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Having broken many things, I find it is wise to ask when your not sure.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top